Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

FCA / FCAB / swaybar endlinks install notes

Not a full DIY. I found a number of those on different forums and blogs for step-by-step info. Hopefully my notes are helpful to others:

-About half of the wrench/socket sizes I wrote down from various DIYs were wrong. Not a big deal, but be sure to have full tool kit.

-Be proactive about moving the steering rack back and forth to give you better access to various nuts/bolts.

-I used the Harbor Freight joint puller - $20. Based on the gunshot-like noise when the outer FCAs finally popped, I'm glad I got the right tool.

-Getting the sway bar end links tight was tough as you need a really thin wrench to hold one side while you use a ratchet on the other side. Grinding down a wrench would work. I sized up one size on the "holding wrench" which, in combination with moving the steering rack back and forth to adjust the sway bar position, worked.

-Getting the new FCABs on the new FCAs was the hardest part by far. This was not mentioned in any of the DIYs I saw. My solution was to get creative with the hydraulic jack and use that force to push the FCAB onto the FCA. Be sure to measure the part you take off the car so you know how far to push.

-The inner FCA ball joint nuts weren't that bad. I got a ratchet on one, the other I used an open end wrench for.

well...how's it ride? did you get a chance to hoon it a bit yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    well...how's it ride? did you get a chance to hoon it a bit yesterday?
    The new shocks/struts/mounts were a huge improvement, the new FCAs/FCABs are incrementally smaller as the FCABs were only ~35k old. Car is feeling much better though. Thanks again for letting me borrow tools.

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    The new shocks/struts/mounts were a huge improvement, the new FCAs/FCABs are incrementally smaller as the FCABs were only ~35k old. Car is feeling much better though. Thanks again for letting me borrow tools.
    Glad to hear you like how it turned out.