Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bedding & Posi-Quiet Ceramics

So I just finished installing new Posi-Quiet Ceramics and Centric slotted & drilled rotors all around.

Should I be bedding these? Centric seems to suggest no; but I wonder if I should just follow the Stoptech procedure (some initial heat, then 8-10 repeated 60-20 brakings, then cool, then repeat).

Any thoughts? What have you other PQC owners done?

thanks
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Stock rotors?

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

new cross-drilled & slotted centrics.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather

Quote Originally Posted by orange260z View Post
    So I just finished installing new Posi-Quiet Ceramics and Centric slotted & drilled rotors all around.

Should I be bedding these? Centric seems to suggest no; but I wonder if I should just follow the Stoptech procedure (some initial heat, then 8-10 repeated 60-20 brakings, then cool, then repeat).

Any thoughts? What have you other PQC owners done?

thanks
    Bruce and I bedded them after install, yes. Just regular rotors though, but I don't think that makes a difference.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I have the same setup and bedded mine.

Ok, so I just went out and followed the stoptech bedding instructions twice. Feels great now, much better than before the bedding.

thanks all
    orange260z

Should always bed them in. Especially when both surfaces are brand new

Hi Ray, it made a big difference. I was worried when I took it for a quick first drive to remove the zinc coating, I felt that it felt "vibratey" and "grindey". When I went for my bedding run, that feeling decreased with each "stop", and was gone by the 4th or 5th. I did 10, drove for 5 mins at steady highway speeds, then did another set of 10, drove for another 5 mins and then came home and parked.
    orange260z

I bed in all brake pads, oem or not. Especially with new rotors and pads.

Quote Originally Posted by orange260z View Post
    Hi Ray, it made a big difference. I was worried when I took it for a quick first drive to remove the zinc coating, I felt that it felt "vibratey" and "grindey". When I went for my bedding run, that feeling decreased with each "stop", and was gone by the 4th or 5th. I did 10, drove for 5 mins at steady highway speeds, then did another set of 10, drove for another 5 mins and then came home and parked.
    Yeah the first time with new surfaces, they tend to vibrate violently. Start to wonder did I install them wrong haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast