Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Cool BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

I find myself contemplating getting a set of BC Racing BR Type Coilovers. The quality and adjustability for the price is very impressive.

I spoke to Charlie the other day to get some feedback on these. Charlie runs these on both his ///M and ZHP and loves them! He is going on 4 years with these on his ///M and 1 year on his ZHP!

Charlie's Review:
    If you would ask me to be completely honest with you and ask me if I would go back to these? My answer would be a resounding "Hell yeah!!!" All in all, these coilovers cost me $995 shipped directly to my door.

I'm impressed with their build quality and longevity. For street driving and spirited driving, these are awesome. I take corners hard too (20mph cloverleaf highway merges going as fast as 60mph) and they still perform I feel so planted with these that I'm confident going into corners.

BC Racing Coilover Suspension Kit - BMW 3 Series (E46)

The BC BR Type RA Series Coilover Kit features 30 levels of damping force adjustment, combined with full length height adjustment allowing an extremely low ride height, and pillowball upper mounts.

The BC BR Type RA Series Coilover Kit comes with Pillowball upper mounts in the front, and rubber upper mounts in the rear, combining the properties of both types of upper mounts. This setup is designed for drivers who look for the ultimate balance of comfort and superior performance, coupled with a smooth and forgiving overall ride quality. This makes the BC BR Type RA Series Coilover the ideal choice for street, circuit and tarmac rally use. For most of those vehicles equipped with McPherson Struts, the front pillowball upper mounts are automatically upgraded to Camber adjustable upper mounts.

The BC BR Type RA Series Coilover Kit utilizes enlarged shock absorber cartridges with specially designed shock pistons and rods to provide a broad range of damping force. The newly developed lubricant oil used in all BC Racing shock absorber cartridges assists in minimizing aeration and cavitation. The beveled edge design on the lower locking ring ensures and optimum seal with the lower mount and prevents the lower locking ring from unseating.

Standard Features:
    - F: With Camber Adjustable Top Mount
    - R: With (or Without) Rubber Top Mount
    - 30 Level Damping Force Adjustment
    - Height Adjustment System
    - Enlarged Cylinder & Newly Developed Piston
    - Exclusively Designed for Each Application
    - Anodized Alloy Casing
    - CNC Machined
    - T6061 Alloy Locking Ring
    - SAE9254 Steel Racing Springs
    - Monotube Design For Maximum Performance
    - Fully Rebuildable
    - 12 Month Warranty

Technical:
    - Coilovers use 46mm pistons and 53mm shock housings, the enlarged shock cartridges with specially designed pistons and rods provide a wide range of damping force
    - Valves are constructed of special spring steel, which outperforms stainless steels and produces longer valve life. Valve stacks use a patented deflective system to provide more precise control
    - Patented concave lower locking ring, to prevent unseating
    - Springs are made of SAE9254 high strength, durable steel. Compression tested at over 500,000 times with less than 5% deformation
    - High pressure inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent fade resistant damping and long shock life
    - 2 step coating process utilizing nickel and chromium plating to prevent corrosion
    - Newly developed lubricant oil in all shock cartridges minimizes aeration and cavitation
    - An additional bearing beneath each pillowball mount provides a smooth action and prolongs the life of the pillowball itself
    - T6061 Aluminum utilized in spring locks and seats for high strength and lightweight
    - Iron lower brackets on MacPherson struts to ensure rigidity
    - Piston rods are constructed of highly polished steel to lengthen oil seal life and prevent leaking

Spring Rates:
    F: 7kg
    R: 8kg

Vehicle Compatibility:
    - BMW 3 Series E46 (98-06)

BC Racing Superstore- $995
    http://bcracingsuperstore.com/bc-rac...98-06-bmw-e46/

FCP Euro- $1000
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...kit-e46-i-02br

BC Racing on Amazon- $1000 (use affiliate link)
    http://www.amazon.com/BC-Racing-Seri.../dp/B00E0PPV9Q

BC Racing website-$1300
    BC Racing.com

BC Racing Coilover Adjusting Extenders BR Series 25cm- $32-40

BC Racing extenders, once fitted allow you to control the spring damping on the 2 rear coilovers without having to remove seats or trunk carpet every time.
    Pretty much essential if you are constantly changing settings on your BCs.
    Only fit BC Coilovers. Supplied in pairs.

http://www.hptmotorsports.com/univer...bc-br-ext.html

http://www.maperformance.com/bc-raci...ders-only.html

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/br-s...ment-extenders

Please try to keep on topic, this thread is dedicated BC Racing Coilovers.
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 09-24-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 02-23-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Looks like a well priced option for coilovers. I was hoping to pick up a used set of ST KWs here local but the seller on CL won't respond. These are now a top contender. Thanks!

I have a set of these as well on my ZHP although they are the M3 set (8/12 srlprings) and I absolutely love them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Looks like a well priced option for coilovers. I was hoping to pick up a used set of ST KWs here local but the seller on CL won't respond. These are now a top contender. Thanks!
    Welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    I have a set of these as well on my ZHP although they are the M3 set (8/12 srlprings) and I absolutely love them.
    Good to here! So the M3 set just has the stiffer springs? The 3 series setup comes with Spring Rates of F: 7kg and R: 8kg. I wonder what the ride difference is between the two?

Paging Charlie: What spring rates are you running?

BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

Gary,

On the ZHP I'm running 8KG front and 12KG rear (standard M3 setup). On my ///M I'm running 14KG front and 12KG rear. I'm running much stiffer springs in front because they're about 2" shorter than the stock springs since I have lowered my ride height that much more on the ///M

The roads here are really bad in places so I opted for a much stiffer spring rate for the ZHP compared to the stock 3-series for non-M's. The ZHP has a very solid ride and I absolutely love it Hope this answers your question Gary
    Last edited by cakM3; 08-24-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Perfect Charlie, Thanks!

Agree again with what charlie said. The 8/12 set up is perfect.

2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete

They sound like a great budget coilover.

I'd still opt for GC because Koni's.
    In the market for an E90 M3

I wouldnt call then budget.....just well priced. They have all the quality without the cost.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast