Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

Good info but there is a"Swift Spring" upgrade. This option runs approx $350 more.

I do believe you are going from a Progressive rate spring to a Linear spring.

http://blog.modbargains.com/linear-r...best-4-street/

NOW OFFERING SWIFT SPRING UPGRADE OPTION
    SWIFT Bronze Metric Coilover Springs are highly linear, fewer winding springs that reduce unsprung weight and increase performance. Swift springs are special order and assembled onto your shocks with proper preload. Please allow 3 weeks.
    for more information look here. This details the H5S.TW material that sets Swift apart from the competition. We suggest Swift springs on any vehicle that will see the track due to the unsprung weight and predictability. The dailiy driven street cars these springs are probably overkill.

BC Coilovers are now available with SWIFT springs as additional option for your BCs. For those of you who demand a higher quality spring for street and track.

These are the flagship product that made Swift a regular name in some of the most prestigious race series around the world. From Formula Nippon to Le Mans, these innovative products continue to make Swift a staple in the racing industry.

Through the input of numerous race teams from across the globe, it was apparent that there was still room to improve upon the conventional racing spring. Swift engineers spent countless hours conducting research, developing and testing the springs in order to create the perfect racing spring.

The Swift engineers and in-house metallurgists were able to formulate a unique blend of metals they have named H5S.TW, this unique alloy hosts a wide range of benefits and virtually zero drawbacks. The end result was the creation of the Swift Metric Coilover springs.

The Swift Spring upgrade at the time of purchase with the initial set of BC Racing Coilovers is $260.00 on top of standard coilovers.

Swift Spring Technical Advantages

Swift proprietary material along with advanced cold winding process allows Swift springs to be manufactured using a thinner wire diameter with fewer coils making the springs the lightest magnetic metal springs available on the market.

Swift Accuracy

Swift Metric Coilover springs feature the highest linearity of any spring out there. Along with the widest stroke range possible, the springs stay linear throughout MORE of the usable stroke range compared to anything else out there. Swift guarantees the spring rate accuracy to be +/- 2% within the advertised spring rate!

Industry leading spring response

Swifts superior spring compression speed responds much quicker over undulating road surfaces so the tires have a lesser tendency to skip. This enables the tire to stay in contact with the road, improving traction and helps keep tire temperatures down.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I've been debating on these and the ST xta's for a while now and I still can't decided

These do look pretty nice though...
    Shawn, 801

i wonder how much of a difference those make.........
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I haven't ridden in a 330 with standard BC coils, so I can't directly compare. A friend had BCs on his 2013 WRX wagon and even though I'm lower, mine rides better than his car did. Since the ZHP is my daily I wanted the best possible ride I could get, so I spent the extra on the upgrade. For $1,300 I can't complain at all. I Was looking at the STs as well, but I liked the fact that you get camber plates with the BCs. I don't remember measurements, but at the front my fender is right at the top of the tire, and my rears are a few mm below the tire......so I needed camber correction.

Also look into Fortune Auto. They are assembled here and you can pick and choose valving and spring rates if your heart desires. Also serviceable here in the US with quick turnaround times. They can also be upgraded to 2 or 3 way in the future of your needs change. The S2000 Will be getting the 510s when I redo the suspension on that car.

If you need the BC coils or ST coils just let me know. $350 for swift sprint upgrade lol, ill do far less. :D

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    i wonder how much of a difference those make.........
    well, technically speaking they are lighter, and within 2% accuracy of the advertised rate - that's worth paying for alone.

the stock BC springs 'look' linear (fronts anyway), the rears are barrel-type springs so they could be slightly progressive. linear offers more predictable response, however some folks think they aren't very comfy - personally i prefer them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP Dave View Post
    I haven't ridden in a 330 with standard BC coils, so I can't directly compare. A friend had BCs on his 2013 WRX wagon and even though I'm lower, mine rides better than his car did.
    i think that has more to do with your longer wheelbase than the lighter springs. the ZHP has a 5" longer wheelbase than my previous car (2001 Audi A4 Avant), and it rides MUCH better. the WRX likely is similar in wheelbase length to the audi due to AWD packaging similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    If you need the BC coils or ST coils just let me know. $350 for swift sprint upgrade lol, ill do far less. :D
    how much less, ray??

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Do the BCs require shorter end links? Anyone know?
    Shawn, 801

They come with shorter front end links.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast