Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Ok...reading the instructions, it looks like the lower fastening point can be adjusted. I'd just make sure they are equally adjusted maybe half way of the entire travel.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Additionally....keep in mind you've bought an adjustable system. It will need to be tweaked.

You're not a suspension guru now....but you will soon be Grasshopper.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Okay it's starting to make sense now. After doing some research it looks like the rear springs need to be "preloaded" which is where that adjuster on the bottom of the shock comes in play (I think). I'm sure it'll all make a lot more sense when I'm actually doing the install. Anyone else have some more input?

Thanks Dane!
    Shawn, 801

Quote Originally Posted by Ssparrow View Post
    Okay it's starting to make sense now. After doing some research it looks like the rear springs need to be "preloaded" which is where that adjuster on the bottom of the shock comes in play (I think). I'm sure it'll all make a lot more sense when I'm actually doing the install. Anyone else have some more input?

Thanks Dane!
    Thats how I lowered mine. I adjusted the one on the spring and the one on the shock.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Pic's??

I just snagged a set of the these extended adjusters for $25 shipped. Next will be some Coilovers!
    Still have them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jconlin16 View Post
    Will definitely post up pics when it is all finished! Just waiting for a few months for the snow to melt. Thanks again Ray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And...?

Received my set today! Installing them tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes
    And...?

Whoops! Installation wasn't to bad. The only thing that was tricky was getting the old rear springs out. I've been driving on them for about a week now and they feel great! Only complaint I have is i seem to have the "ricer bounce" that I'm still trying to get figured out. But with a little tinkering I should be able to get it worked out.
    Shawn, 801

^ glad you are liking them. Hope you can lose the bounce! Pics in your project thread?

Whoops! Installation wasn't to bad. The only thing that was tricky was getting the old rear springs out. I've been driving on them for about a week now and they feel great! Only complaint I have is i seem to have the "ricer bounce" that I'm still trying to get figured out. But with a little tinkering I should be able to get it worked out.
    What spring rates are you running? When I installed mine I had to shorten the strut almost all the way to even get it to bolt up because my rear spring was so short.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Still have them?
    Yes I do. Why?
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast