Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    I have yet to do any reading. What exactly seems to be happening with the springs that come on the coils?

Thanks again for emailing me all the info on your wheel setup btw.. I'm gonna need to update my signature pic too lol. Think I may be pulling on a used set of BBS LM's though man..
    No problem dude! & hey, you build your car the way that makes YOU happy! BBS LM's are baller and you know it. Either way it will look sick.

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post
    No problem dude! & hey, you build your car the way that makes YOU happy! BBS LM's are baller and you know it. Either way it will look sick.
    I know and I've wanted LM's since I got the car in 2011, red and silver center caps, lussssshh

How about those springs though? Are they just rusting and cracking prematurely?

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    I know and I've wanted LM's since I got the car in 2011, red and silver center caps, lussssshh

How about those springs though? Are they just rusting and cracking prematurely?
    Some people have had issues with slight rust. I've got to jack my car up and examine them to see... I seriously doubt mine are rusted as they don't salt the roads here and it's Idaho, desert status. But I'm going to check this weekend. I'll let you know.

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

They salt/treat the piss out of the roads in CT... I have a nice undercarriage hose extension that I use every time they do, but you never know..

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by ef_michael View Post
    Hey guys. Just need some guidance with these bc coils for my zhp sedan. What spring rates do you guys recommend? 8k and 10k? Or 12k? Are the swift Springs worth the extra couple hundred? This is only a daily. If anything she may see the track once or twice. Nothing serious. But at the same time, I want a nice quality ride. I'm planning on going low. Not super low, but tucking a little bit of tire. I'll also be in 19in wheels if that makes a difference.

Thanks guys!
    I am currently running BC's with swift springs. I originally ran them with the BC springs (8k/12k) but I wasn't happy with them and noticed that they were starting to rust after only 9ish months on them. (I live in MN and they really salt the roads here )

After upgrading to swift springs (8k/10k), they ride really well. The ride is smoother and the car feels very planted. I highly recommend upgrading to the swift springs!

18x9 ET 42 Apex EC-7's / BC Racing BR Type Coilovers / GruppeM Intake
    ECS SS Brake Lines / Coby Wheel Wrap w/ Tri-Stitch / 35% Tint / BavSound Stage 1 / Stett Intake Boots / OE Euro Clears

So you didn't need anything at all? It was a direct fit even though it was meant for the m3? Also, excuse this question but does the higher spring rate mean it'll be stiffer in the rear in comparison to the set made for the zhp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jconlin16 View Post
    I am currently running BC's with swift springs. I originally ran them with the BC springs (8k/12k) but I wasn't happy with them and noticed that they were starting to rust after only 9ish months on them. (I live in MN and they really salt the roads here )

After upgrading to swift springs (8k/10k), they ride really well. The ride is smoother and the car feels very planted. I highly recommend upgrading to the swift springs!

What did you not like about the 12k in the rear? I'm planning on going moderately low. Not super low tho. Would 12k be necessary. Would I have a better ride with the higher spring rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jconlin16 View Post

I will be ordering my swift springs for both cars soon.... can't wait to get them installed

Quote Originally Posted by ef_michael View Post
    What did you not like about the 12k in the rear? I'm planning on going moderately low. Not super low tho. Would 12k be necessary. Would I have a better ride with the higher spring rate?
    I live in Minnesota and the roads that I travel on often are pretty rough. I just felt that changing to a lower spring rate would be a little more beneficial for my car.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I will be ordering my swift springs for both cars soon.... can't wait to get them installed
    You'll be glad you did, I sure am!

18x9 ET 42 Apex EC-7's / BC Racing BR Type Coilovers / GruppeM Intake
    ECS SS Brake Lines / Coby Wheel Wrap w/ Tri-Stitch / 35% Tint / BavSound Stage 1 / Stett Intake Boots / OE Euro Clears

BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

I finally snagged a pair of BC Coilovers. I got a slightly used set with 8,000 miles on them for $750 and it came with an extra new rear shock! I'm still on the original suspension at 107K so this should be a nice upgrade and I will slightly lower the car to level out the rear.

Swift Spring Upgrade is approx $320

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778203

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?13884-BC-Racing-BR-Type-Coilovers&p=423291#post423291

http://www.bcracingdirect.com/index....=54&Itemid=351

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 05-12-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast