Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 243

Thread: BC Racing BR Type Coilovers

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Transport3r View Post
    If you're struggling with the ricebounce you are underdamped, turn the socks stiffer until it goes away. It takes some trial and error. Go by one click at a time, it it not need much. Structural dynamics are tricky lol
    I'm on full stiff haha

    It's not too bad now but I'm pretty sure it's still there.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Taliben View Post
    I'm on full stiff haha

    It's not too bad now but I'm pretty sure it's still there.
    You might be overdamped then. It will 'bounce' too but not oscillate up and down after the bounce. If you're full stiff it might be bouncing on the tires too. My suggestion is to turn it all the way down and turn it up until it dampens well.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Transport3r View Post
    You might be overdamped then. It will 'bounce' too but not oscillate up and down after the bounce. If you're full stiff it might be bouncing on the tires too. My suggestion is to turn it all the way down and turn it up until it dampens well.
    I started at full soft and went from there and the bounce only got better as I cranked it up but it's still there on full stiff. I'll try turning it down to 20 and going from there.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    825
    Thanks guys, i'll try to adjust things this weekend and see how it plays out.

    Still interested in the group buy if it happens.


    I really have no idea what I am doing

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Thanks guys, i'll try to adjust things this weekend and see how it plays out.

    Still interested in the group buy if it happens.
    I would also take a look at fortune auto coilovers too, even if it's at a little higher price point. Love the look of your car man btw

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,719
    Can anybody who has had coilovers for a few years AND daily driven their ZHP in the snow/salt report on how the threads are holding up? From what I understand the threads rust out, making adjustments impossible thereafter...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    2,099
    I think charlie is the only one that can answer that......it doesn't snow often enough in Florida......

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,719
    Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    I think charlie is the only one that can answer that......it doesn't snow often enough in Florida......

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Yeah but he's only had the BC on his ZHP for one year, which is his daily driver. I don't know how long he's had the BC on his M3, but his M3 is not daily driven, and most certainly not driven in the snow/salt at present.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,757
    Posting for Charlie

    "BP....the BC's been on my ///M going on 4 years now and the first year they were installed they were driven full-time in the New England winter....snow and all. Threads held up great. You have to grease the threads so they aren't exposed and they will be okay BP

    The ZHP has one winter's use on them and are in perfect shape so far "
    BAVSOUND Stage 1 - UltraGauge - Valentine One - Orion V4's - ARC-8's
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    22841
    Posts
    9,468
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Can anybody who has had coilovers for a few years AND daily driven their ZHP in the snow/salt report on how the threads are holding up? From what I understand the threads rust out, making adjustments impossible thereafter...
    I had a set of Tein SS coilovers on my previous car that was daily driven during the winter here in Virginia. Granted it is not as a bad of a winter here but every spring I would clean them up and make sure there was no problems with the seal for the shock, camber plates were clean and greased and etc. IMO coilovers do require a bit more work then a traditional spring/strut set-up as far as maintenance.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Coilovers
    By NorCal-Dimitri in forum ZHP-Related Parts & Accessories (no vehicle sales)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 05:27 PM
  2. BC Racing Coilovers
    By JKO_ZHP in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 12:55 AM
  3. anyone know anything about Raceland coilovers?
    By Johnmadd in forum Suspension
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 12:12 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
  5. For Sale: D2 Racing Coilovers E46 BMW 1999-2005 +M3
    By six2midnight in forum ZHP-Related Parts & Accessories (no vehicle sales)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •