Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth audio

Bluetooth audio

I've been getting a little tired of wrestling with my current DICE controler to do music off of my old iphone and want to make the upgrade to something that has bluetooth, and a usb so I can charge my cell and run music off of pandora\google play\whatever else. I've seen the DICE Mediabridge, and then the bavsound soundplicity III. They look like the same hardware. Is there something that makes the bavsound product better or is it just the name?

Also. I'm not really interested in the handsfree phone stuff. I have the OE nav that can do that already and I'm rarely on the phone, especially in the car. So having that is in no way a selling point for me.

I appreciate any advice\insight anyone can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiah119 View Post
    I've been getting a little tired of wrestling with my current DICE controler to do music off of my old iphone and want to make the upgrade to something that has bluetooth, and a usb so I can charge my cell and run music off of pandora\google play\whatever else. I've seen the DICE Mediabridge, and then the bavsound soundplicity III. They look like the same hardware. Is there something that makes the bavsound product better or is it just the name?

Also. I'm not really interested in the handsfree phone stuff. I have the OE nav that can do that already and I'm rarely on the phone, especially in the car. So having that is in no way a selling point for me.

I appreciate any advice\insight anyone can offer.
    You can buy a 30pin Bluetooth adapter and modify yours to become Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    You can buy a 30pin Bluetooth adapter and modify yours to become Bluetooth
    I dont use my iphone for anything other than music in my car, or if I'm away from a charger and my s3 battery is dead.

From what i can tell, all three of these products are the same thing, minus brand.
    http://www.ecstuning.com/News/BMW_DI...008_2009_2010/

http://www.bavsound.com/Device-Integration/

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-AMBR-...pr_product_top

is there a difference that I'm missing?

How many devices are you trying to sync to the interface?

I personally would get a USB charger for the cig lighter and a 30pin bluetooth adapter for the DICE kit so it can connect to whichever device you want. It's the most cost effective solution for you at this point and shouldn't cost you more than $50 tops.

I actually have a cig lighter usb and in some confluence of events it seems incapable of adding power faster than my phone uses it. I dont know if it is a shitty adapter, the cable is bad, or my phone is bad, but something isnt happy in that mix. In my wife's car, (using the same adapter) screen off, playing music over google play the battery still discharges, or barely holds on to the charge it had when I plugged in.

The plan is to just use my S3 for music and not use the iphone anymore.

I just bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...And I left it connected to my OEM AUX in cable routed to my glove box. I have the OEM flashlight port to 12 volt plug adapter installed and USB power connected to that:

Then I just have power routed to my phone if I need it charged and whenever I unlock the car, it powers up the flashlight port which turns on the bluetooth audio receiver which connects to my phone. The sound is just like I had the phone plugged in but wireless! #Ghettomods LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Asiah119 View Post
    I actually have a cig lighter usb and in some confluence of events it seems incapable of adding power faster than my phone uses it. I dont know if it is a shitty adapter, the cable is bad, or my phone is bad, but something isnt happy in that mix. In my wife's car, (using the same adapter) screen off, playing music over google play the battery still discharges, or barely holds on to the charge it had when I plugged in.

The plan is to just use my S3 for music and not use the iphone anymore.
    I believe its your USB charger. It needs to be 1A and above. USB is only rated at 500mA but since the iphone came around, every phone needs at minimal 1A charger to be used and charged at the same time.

Rovert has the right idea. I think I might move my AUX to the glove now and do the same.

I believe its your USB charger. It needs to be 1A and above. USB is only rated at 500mA but since the iphone came around, every phone needs at minimal 1A charger to be used and charged at the same time.

Rovert has the right idea. I think I might move my AUX to the glove now and do the same.
    I have a USB port on mine that is rated at 2.1A. I can put on my phone with GPS, plug in the power, and STILL have it discharge.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I have a USB port on mine that is rated at 2.1A. I can put on my phone with GPS, plug in the power, and STILL have it discharge.

Have you tried checking how much the phone is actually drawing from the 2.1A usb charger? I have a 2.1A charger and my phone pulls about 1.2A from the charger. When I turn on my GPS, and play pandora, the current pulling from the charger drops to about 200mA. it's still positive so the battery continues to charge. If the temperature of my phone exceeds I believe 100F, it starts to pull less and go into the negatives.

From my understanding, the phone needs a specific USB cable to draw the proper amount from the charger. There are some chargers I noticed, that the phone does not pull the 1.2A and just pulls 500mA even with nothing on.

Have you tried checking how much the phone is actually drawing from the 2.1A usb charger? I have a 2.1A charger and my phone pulls about 1.2A from the charger. When I turn on my GPS, and play pandora, the current pulling from the charger drops to about 200mA. it's still positive so the battery continues to charge. If the temperature of my phone exceeds I believe 100F, it starts to pull less and go into the negatives.

From my understanding, the phone needs a specific USB cable to draw the proper amount from the charger. There are some chargers I noticed, that the phone does not pull the 1.2A and just pulls 500mA even with nothing on.
    Interesting. All of the cables I've been using (went through a few of them) were aftermarket cables. I'll try my only Genuine Apple cable and see if it makes a difference. Thanks Derek.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast