Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Her star ///Moment

So I decided to try to find the stars under a really warn evening with the windows down, cruising to some tunes, singing and the S54 singing along too. I went to one really dark spot which was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever done to be alone in the middle of nowhere, where no one can hear you scream. LOL.

These pictures are from my Canon 24-105mm F4L @ full wide which are composited from 8-11, 10 second exposure pictures at ISO1600 while I used a flash to strategically illuminate certain parts of the vehicle. I used photoshop to stack the pictures in layers and edit out the lighting that I didn't want as well as put in combinations of color correction layers until I was happy with the theme. This is what I came up with after hard work of picture taking and editing!

The starscapes are added into the pictures because there was way too much light pollution to get anything clear. I used the stars in my photos, in combination with personally chosen Milky way backgrounds that I thought would suit the image and the scale. Hope you guys approve!

Next thing is to lower her a bit....LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Wow that is REALLY cool. Makes me wish we would see more night shots of cars out in the country like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

These deserve a moment of silence. Thank you so much for sharing. Any larger resolutions available?
    Hi, I'm John, and I miss my 6MT Alcantara baby! | 2003 Orient Blue 330i ZHP
    Had: ARC8's | Poly Bushings | Koni Yellows | Perf Brakes | TMS Subframe | Hotchkiss | LOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Wow that is REALLY cool. Makes me wish we would see more night shots of cars out in the country like this.

Stay tuned, I might be doing a shoot tomorrow night
    Had: ARC8's | Poly Bushings | Koni Yellows | Perf Brakes | TMS Subframe | Hotchkiss | LOVE!

Oh? You know how to take the pictures? You're in the Bay Area. Where are you going to do shots like these? I was thinking how cool it would be to drive up to the Sierra Nevada and get some pictures like this.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Gorgeous.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Her star ///Moment

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Oh? You know how to take the pictures? You're in the Bay Area. Where are you going to do shots like these? I was thinking how cool it would be to drive up to the Sierra Nevada and get some pictures like this.

I am in the Bay Area, and I do indeed know how to take them In the above shots, the sky and the car are two different images (none the less epic, Trevor!) but in order to capture a similar shot as one image, a (very) dark area, clear sky, sturdy tripod and loads of patience are the only things needed. While the Sierra Nevada's make for some tremendous scenery, capturing that very scenery while correctly exposing the subject and sky may prove very challenging. Of course this is all very dependent on ambient lighting. However to answer your question, The Marin Headlands, West Marin, or the Novato Backroads, would all make for superb locations. The further away from light the better, but a trip to the mountains isn't necessary (as I will hopefully prove tomorrow night)!
    Last edited by OtterEffect; 08-27-2014 at 11:36 PM.

This is a phenomenal picture. I don't understand why the E46 M didn't come in estoril besides through individual order. It's a perfect mix of a very striking blue that's also livable, as opposed to LSB (in my opinion).
    - Marc

ME GUSTA MUCHO..

That looks pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast