Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High Performance Driving School - VIR October 11th & 12th, 2014

Greetings All:

I just wanted to post this up and see if anyone else was considering or had interest in attending a high performance driving school this fall. I am looking very seriously at heading back to VIR - (Virginia International Raceway) over Columbus Day weekend with the Tarheel BMWCCA driving school here:

http://www.tarheelbmwcca.org/track.html

This is a two-day school, and you should end up with 4 or 5 sessions per day on the track which is roughly two hours of driving time on track each day. They are a lot of fun and educational too. While not cheap events ($435 for the two day weekend), these are really great opportunities to learn proper high performance driving techniques in a pretty safe environment on a race track. All students usually run with an instructor which is really helpful in improving your driving abilities and knowledge of the track.

Full course track map:
    Name:  FullCourseMap2014.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  495.7 KB

A few other links in case you need them:

VIR: http://virnow.com/

This track does have several lodging options available at the track, or the nearest area for hotels would be Danville, VA.

Normal auto insurance will generally not cover you on the track, so this is a company that allows you to purchase a policy for a declared value for use on the track over the weekend:

http://locktonmotorsports.com/product/track-insurance

Questions, comments, complaints? Let me know! It would be fun to have a few ZHPs or other Mafia members join in on the fun.

-Brettski

Argh. I'm going to be out of town that weekend. Hope it's a blast.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

I am not sure if I can swing it yet, but I would like to go. Let me know if you are definitely going to sign up. VIR is awesome!

Thanks Shawn. Hopefully you can join in another time.

Certainly will Bobby. VIR is such a wonderful track and lots of fun for HPDE events.

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

-Brettski

I'll be there. It will be my third DE at VIR with that group.

Excellent. Great to hear!

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by Audi 0000 View Post
    I am not sure if I can swing it yet, but I would like to go. Let me know if you are definitely going to sign up. VIR is awesome!
    you don't really even need to ride with an instructor anymore. Not with all your track time

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    you don't really even need to ride with an instructor anymore. Not with all your track time
    Yeah, if you get an instructor that likes you, and you have a lot of track time there are good chances they'll sign you off after a couple of sessions. I think the rule now is that the instructor has to ride with you for at least the first session of each day. TarheelCCA also has a thing where for what they're calling a+ students who can come up on that Friday and its more or less open track all day.

Sounds like fun. Maybe some other weekend; I am running the Army 10-miler that Sunday. Enjoy.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Brett, did you decide to pull the trigger on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast