Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hermes, I know what all of those words mean individually. Can you elaborate

Asiah19,
    Do as Joop said, run a wire from fogs to inner halogens but insert a disconnect inline. So run them like you want to for 364 days a year, but when going to get your annual state safety inspection just disconnect at the inline connection so the fogs & inners won't light up when the inspector flashes your high beams.
    Bruce

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by Asiah119 View Post
    Hermes, I know what all of those words mean individually. Can you elaborate
    See that hole in the top right of the inner bowl?

Follow this and wire it into your fog lights:

http://mz3.net/city-lights-project.html

Thanks, I think I ran across that diy last night when I was trying to get to sleep.

BCS, those inners don't light up for me with my high beams, they only kick on when I pull the stick for flash to pass. The inspector will still probably not be happy with there being 3 sets of lights on if I have my lowbeams, and fogs on.

Just because people on the classifieds are talkign about selling LCMs is it possible to program a LCM to do the inner lamps and fogs together? Just taking a stab at the idea.
    I believe you are referring to part of the coding to create the trifecta mod:

FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ "Fog lights turn off when high beams are activated" US has this on by default. Coding can turn this off and allow fogs to stay on when the high beams are activated. This does not turn on the fogs and high beams together which I believe is what you are aiming for.

JP has the right idea where you wire the citylights to tap to the foglight switch wires. That is probably your best bet to activate the lowbeam bowls without "flagging" your inspection guy.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I believe you are referring to part of the coding to create the trifecta mod:

FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ "Fog lights turn off when high beams are activated" US has this on by default. Coding can turn this off and allow fogs to stay on when the high beams are activated. This does not turn on the fogs and high beams together which I believe is what you are aiming for.

JP has the right idea where you wire the citylights to tap to the foglight switch wires. That is probably your best bet to activate the lowbeam bowls without "flagging" your inspection guy.
    The oddity is that they arent really highbeams that I'm messing with because those h7s only activate when I pull the stick. What I'm aiming for is, or at least what I think I'm aiming for is, fog, lowbeam, flash to pass all on at once. Because I want it for an actual 'fog' light to send out more colored light than white having it activated with unshuttered xenon i think would defeat the purpose.

I (still) have red high beams. I am sure it is completely illegal but when I actually kick on the high beams it is a bright red color. I'll take a picture for you when I get back home on Thursday night if you like. I think yellow would be a lot more subtle then the red I have.

All i did was pick up a can of red spray paint and my relatively old bulbs and sprayed em. If you look directly at my lights in the daytime you can see that they are red. I think it is stupid now and when I did it I was going through my red phase (red bmw badge, red bbs caps, red bulbs, etc..) but I have been WAYYYY to lazy to get in there and switch em back to standard bulbs.

I really have no idea what I am doing

... I think I'm aiming for is, fog, lowbeam, flash to pass all on at once. ...
    Isn't that "Trifecta"?

and I did fail VA inspection for that. (I pulled the fog light housings, passed inspections then reinstalled them).

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Isn't that "Trifecta"?

and I did fail VA inspection for that. (I pulled the fog light housings, passed inspections then reinstalled them).
    Ah...the Old Dominion...not letting us be SAFER at night with added light on dark roads.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

From my understanding, disabling the fogs off with highbeams would only get me fogs on and unshuttered xenon, if I push the stick forward my H7s dont light up. I'd be happiest with shuttered xenon, h7, fogs.

Bullfrog, I already have yello h7s in and they put out some good yellow light, just only when I pull and hold the stick for an extended 'flash to pass' I'll put up pictures when I get home in about an hour.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast