Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
    You couldn't get the exhaust separated while you were removing the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    You couldn't get the exhaust separated while you were removing the engine?
    No room to access the bolts with the right tools. Everything is rusted together. I bought a 33gal compressor and an air hammer/chisel and blasted the nut holding the waste gate to the torque tube.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hornung418; 07-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Front subframe replaced. Control arms mounted. Manual steering rack and new tie-rods installed. Just need to put the wheels on and tow it to the shop to get the core support repaired and somewhat aligned.

Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Good to see you making progress again!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Engine was shipped on Friday 07/07. Should have it by this Friday! Probably won't touch it until late August. I'm getting on a plane July 27th and exploring Italy and the Mediterranean for three weeks. Going to have the car in the shop for that period of time. Clean the garage and get everything sorted out for the build.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Have fun exploring bud!

+1
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Cats out of the bag now! Everything arrived today! Had to check out the haul.

104 mm Wössner pistons, wrist pins, and piston rings.
    Darton M.I.D. sleeved block. Bored to 104 mm from 100 mm.
    Carrillo rods.
    Forged 2.5 Litre crankshaft.
    Head from other engine is a direct swap.
    Need to get a Cometic head gasket, ARP head studs and then seal everything up. Progress should be fast when I return from vacation.

Porsche 944 Turbo Build

+ 50HP and happy vacation.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Long-overdue update.

The porker has been sitting in the middle of my garage for two years now open and exposed to garage happenings when I can find the space. Per a friend's recommendation, I picked up some vehicle skates on Amazon for $109.99.

Quickly got busy with clearing out the garage of it's accumulation of BMW/Volvo/Porsche/VW parts and shopvac'd the floor and walls, of a million spider egg sacks and webs. Threw away a lot of old beer from work related pick ups and some old papers from my previous position as a merchandiser/display guy.

Cleared enough space that I could get the jack under the car and put the wheels on the skates. And then I graciously moved 2800lbs of steel and aluminum off into the corner to be forgotten about until I can build the 2.7L engine. Finally freeing up space to put the VW in the garage to work with my toolbox right next to me.

Definitely need to find space for the three sets of wheels and then get the lawn equipment into a proper garden shed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast