Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Detailing Thread

Thought it would be a good idea to post up anything if you had any questions about how to use a product or any product suggestions for example what soap would you use to what sealant you recommend. If there is a thread like this already please shut this one down.

I'll start off with Jetseal109 being one of my favorite sealants that I have ever used. On my old Jeep it lasted about a good 10-11 months.

How I applied it: Wash/Decon/Clay/Seal (2 coats each with 30min hazing time) You can also use it on your wheels.

Here's one I did of my buddies old Jeep SRT. CG Black Light with V07 Spray. Great combo. This actually had a big 1 step paint correction.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LobsterTail; 09-18-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    PAUL
    2010 335i xDrive 6-Speed M Package

Wow, that looks great.
    In the market for an E90 M3

That engine bay looks yummy.
    Hi, I'm John, and I miss my 6MT Alcantara baby! | 2003 Orient Blue 330i ZHP
    Had: ARC8's | Poly Bushings | Koni Yellows | Perf Brakes | TMS Subframe | Hotchkiss | LOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by OtterEffect View Post
    That engine bay looks yummy.
    +1

What is your usual approach (and products used) to the engine bay Lobster?

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I usually use APC (All purpose cleaner) or heavy duty degreaser and dilute it with a light ratio. Then I would either use Aero 303 or Chemical guys Black on Black and do a light wipe down. I don't like any trim or plastics shiny. I prefer more of a natural look. I'll post a picture of my previous Jeep SRT when I first bought it.

Make sure to cover the Alternator and PCM. I have always had good luck. One time I got a check engine light, but it was because the sensor was wet. I let the car idle for about 5 minutes and it went away.
    PAUL

Covering the alternator and PCM makes sense. but I've always wondered, what do you do about the smaller stuff? Like the plugs where the wires attach to the pre-cat o2 sensor? Or the Airflow sensor(?) plug attacked to the back of the intake?

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
    Hi, I'm John, and I miss my 6MT Alcantara baby! | 2003 Orient Blue 330i ZHP
    Had: ARC8's | Poly Bushings | Koni Yellows | Perf Brakes | TMS Subframe | Hotchkiss | LOVE!

I usually Mist the whole engine bay until it's slightly soaked. With my Jeep, the coil packs were visible. I was just careful around them. I would also cover the Mass Airflow sensor too, I forgot to mention that. I don't use jet stream when watering it down. I just use the Mist setting. Soon I will get a power washer where I will be able to apply a nice thick layer of foam :D
    PAUL

Here is a before and after on my old Jeep. Had 55k miles when I cleaned it. Looks like it was never cleaned. Products used, Heavy Duty Degreaser (Meguairs), APC, varies brushes, and Chemical Guys Black on Black. Once applied, I did a gentle wipe down as I always do on each engine bay I clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    PAUL

Great work!

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Polished and sealed my parents' new a3. Used Pinnacle 850 polish and surface sealer. Not sure if it's worth the price, but we'll see how it holds up. Supposedly it shouldn't need another application for 2-3 years. It was pretty easy to use, but I kind of expected better for how much it cost.

Sent from my iPhone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast