Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The dangers of street parking...

Some wang busted my passenger mirror off last night. I live in a pretty quiet end of my neighborhood, so it's a bit of a shocker.

Trying to weigh my options... Does anyone know if it's possible to separate the base cover from a mirror assembly? I'm hoping I can find a matching mirror from a wrecked non ZHP coupe, and swap the gloss black cover, since it didn't get damaged. Otherwise I'm stuck dishing out a lot of cash for OE parts :-(

| 2004 ZHP Coupe| 6MT | Silbergrau Metallic | Gray Leather Interior | Cold Weather Package | Black Cube Trim | Hamann Motorsport PG1 18x8/18x9 + Michelin PSS | Koni Yellows |

Dam! :eye twitch

Let me guess they didn't even leave a note or anything. Did the door get hit also?
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

This was passenger side, there's a grass boulevard between the road and sidewalk, so some a-hole intentionally broke it off. I found the broken pieces around the corner. Luckily no damage to the door, just a black scuff mark that needs buffed out.

| 2004 ZHP Coupe| 6MT | Silbergrau Metallic | Gray Leather Interior | Cold Weather Package | Black Cube Trim | Hamann Motorsport PG1 18x8/18x9 + Michelin PSS | Koni Yellows |

Geez some people! I would love to catch them in the act.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

There are some idiots in this world... Both of my roommates had their gas caps broken off a few weeks apart by some degenerate(s) trying to siphon gas. Luckily I've been spared but who knows? Now cops patrol the area.
    Fuelly

Theoretically they should come apart, by I have not yet figured out how to do so. I took apart the M3 ones easy enough, but couldn't figure out how to take apart the non-M

Same thing happened to my driver side a while ago :/ The mirror glass comes out easily if you pull gently from the edges. There is a ribbon connector to that for heating. Once that's off there are 4 sliding plastic pins that you have to carefully push up on while pulling the painted mirror cover back. Be very careful with removing the mirror cover as the plastic seems very easy to break.

If the mirror glass and cover are fine you should just need the assembly: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...embly/ES84333/

Only $280 from ECS but lengthy shipping delay. I ended up picking up the part from BMW Plano because I was in a rush to replace it and drive back to Austin so it totaled to $370 :/

Sorry to hear. same thing happened to me.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I took an assembly apart a couple weeks ago to swap the motors and didn't figure out how to swap the gloss black plate. Best bet is to find a ZHP one... Hit up car-part.com and get on the phone!
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Aamerh90: unfortunately mine is the later style with memory and the ribbon connector, I haven't been able to find one sub $300 yet. My glass was salvageable, but the rear cap got super jacked up, so I'll have to find a new one of those too.

Been looking around for a used one, but they don't seem to come up super often :-p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast