Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    It doesn't show in pictures, but I can confirm that these wheels have a gorgeous shape with surprising concavity. I check them out hardcore every time I see Spenser's car.

Definitely looking forward to getting them on the car. I’ve seen the photos of them on Spenser’s car and they do look fantastic for a knock-off. The concavity of the 8.5” wheel is better than I expected, and the 9.5” wheel (pictured above) is even better.
    -Chris

Beauties!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    It doesn't show in pictures, but I can confirm that these wheels have a gorgeous shape with surprising concavity. I check them out hardcore every time I see Spenser's car.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Definitely looking forward to getting them on the car. I’ve seen the photos of them on Spenser’s car and they do look fantastic for a knock-off. The concavity of the 8.5” wheel is better than I expected, and the 9.5” wheel (pictured above) is even better.
    hmmm....

been thinking about selling my ARC-8s and getting a set of these. i love everything about the ARC-8s except the look of the wheel on the rear of the car... a staggered setup, especially one with some concavity, really looks right on these cars.

i hate being stuck on something aesthetic, but that might just be how this cookie crumbles.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I'll post some pics when I get them on... See if that sways your decision at all.

Spenser has a few photos of his car with Sportlines. Maybe you can ping him for the link. The pics illustrate pretty well how the rears look. They confirmed my fitment assumptions and solidified my decision prior to ordering. The photos are 'pre' H&R Sport spring install though, so I believe his car sits a bit lower now.

Be warned though; Modbargains is the only retailer for these wheels. I and at least 2 others here have had a negative experiences with them. (See my 'Modbargains Shipping Delays?" thread.) If you do buy, better get confirmation that they are in stock before you place your order.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I'll post some pics when I get them on... See if that sways your decision at all.

Spenser has a few photos of his car with Sportlines. Maybe you can ping him for the link. The pics illustrate pretty well how the rears look. They confirmed my fitment assumptions and solidified my decision prior to ordering. The photos are 'pre' H&R Sport spring install though, so I believe his car sits a bit lower now.

Be warned though; Modbargains is the only retailer for these wheels. I and at least 2 others here have had a negative experiences with them. (See my 'Modbargains Shipping Delays?" thread.) If you do buy, better get confirmation that they are in stock before you place your order.
    thanks, and yes - i read that thread. i typically won't buy anything unless it's in stock - i'm way too impatient.

if i get them, i probably will run 235/40/18 + 265/35/18 conti extremecontact sports, or 225/40/18 + 255/35/18 PSS or PS4S.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    hmmm....

been thinking about selling my ARC-8s and getting a set of these. i love everything about the ARC-8s except the look of the wheel on the rear of the car... a staggered setup, especially one with some concavity, really looks right on these cars.

i hate being stuck on something aesthetic, but that might just be how this cookie crumbles.
    Bruh I 100% agree and it is maddening. I love love love how the car drives with a square setup but it just doesn't look right. Maybe we should trade a pair of 18x9.5's for 18x8.5's so we both have a staggered set...

Largest Wheel/Tire Sizes with Stock BMW 330 ZHP Suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Bruh I 100% agree and it is maddening. I love love love how the car drives with a square setup but it just doesn't look right. Maybe we should trade a pair of 18x9.5's for 18x8.5's so we both have a staggered set...
    Dude... you might be onto something there!

But I don’t think I can make the 9.5” ET35 wheels work out back on the Touring....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Hey slater!

I think this may sway you...

Name:  327A8162.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  176.0 KB
    Name:  327A8185.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  194.7 KB
    Name:  327A8203.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  133.8 KB

The fit is just about perfect. I don't like the pokey look, so this is exactly what I was looking for. Front could easily have fit a 245, and that may be the tire I replace it with in a year or two unless I can find someone to take two barely used 235's.

The DS rear tire rubbed once, just barely, on a big dip. If I had passengers it would have been a bigger rub. Haven't pinpointed where it's rubbing yet. Springs are OEM ZHP. I think I actually like the way it sits now. I think another 1/2" drop would be perfect, but that would rub more, and will have to wait anyway until my wallet recovers from this tire & wheel purchase...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -Chris

BTW - I loaded the car up with a couple hundred lbs of ballast and the tires weren't even close to rubbing, so I guess it takes a good bump to compress it far enough to rub. I think another half degree of negative camber in the rear would keep them from rubbing altogether.

Name:  IMG_7936.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  121.8 KBName:  IMG_7935.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  134.5 KBName:  IMG_7938.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  112.6 KB

Edited to add; I ‘massaged’ the inner fender lip with a hammer just to knock the sharper edges back a little, but they’re not “rolled” per se. I also trimmed the plastic inner fender liner at the back near the metal clip (which doesn’t exist on my car now) just in case things got too close.

During this exercise I also discovered the car has a bit of rust back there too.

Edit #2; It’s worth noting that with this offset, there is about 1/4” between the inside of the tire and the body at the closest point.
    Last edited by cornercarver; 04-22-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    -Chris

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast