Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    that looks awesome. so you went with 235/265 PSS, and 18x8.5 ET45 front, 18x9.5 ET45 rear?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yes sir - exactly those specs.
    -Chris

Really looks good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I think this may sway you...

Attachment 32698
    That concavity on the rear

BTW - I loaded the car up with a couple hundred lbs of ballast and the tires weren't even close to rubbing, so I guess it takes a good bump to compress it far enough to rub. I think another half degree of negative camber in the rear would keep them from rubbing altogether.

Attachment 32707Attachment 32706Attachment 32708

Edited to add; I ‘massaged’ the inner fender lip with a hammer just to knock the sharper edges back a little, but they’re not “rolled” per se. I also trimmed the plastic inner fender liner at the back near the metal clip (which doesn’t exist on my car now) just in case things got too close.

During this exercise I also discovered the car has a bit of rust back there too.

Edit #2; It’s worth noting that with this offset, there is about 1/4” between the inside of the tire and the body at the closest point.
    Pardon my ignorance, are you on stock suspension? Is there any drop?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Yup. Stock ZHP springs. It looks lower than others I've seen. Not sure why - could just be that it has settled more than average - but I have not lowered it. The previous owner was in his 60's and didn't strike me as the type who would drop it, so I never asked. I have all of the receipts for the car and the only spring change was in the rear, with OEM BMW springs, because the coil on one rusted/snapped at some point.
    -Chris

Yup. Stock ZHP springs. It looks lower than others I've seen. Not sure why - could just be that it has settled more than average - but I have not lowered it. The previous owner was in his 60's and didn't strike me as the type who would drop it, so I never asked. I have all of the receipts for the car and the only spring change was in the rear, with OEM BMW springs, because the coil on one rusted/snapped at some point.
    Ok that makes sense. Car looks really good with those wheels btw, really fills it out.

When I First joined I saw all these guys with slammed suspensions and concave wheels with crazy offsets. I always liked the way some of them looked, but then I realized how hard it was to get the fitment right. They would run like 225 tires in the rear stretched and then another -7 degrees camber to avoid rubbing. I wanted none of that.

2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

His tire sizes are a little taller than stock, so they fill the wheel wells better and reduce the perceived gap. Mine in my sig looks the same with 235's.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    His tire sizes are a little taller than stock...
    Not by much. Overall diameter only increases 9/32 (a tad more than 1/4") according to the specs on the Tire Rack. Not really perceptible IMHO.
    -Chris

Not by much. Overall diameter only increases 9/32 (a tad more than 1/4") according to the specs on the Tire Rack. Not really perceptible IMHO.
    Definitely not preceptible, but the fitment looks better fo sho. Your brain can't place why since the difference is so small.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112