Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/bmw/wheels

Scroll down to the table of results and see if anyone is running what you desire to run. I know on my personal car that 8.5 wide with +42 has me maxed at 255/35/18 all around. With certain models of tires and certain driving situations I have a bit of rubbing up inside the rear fender well, not at the lip.

I tried on a set of 17x9, +41 offset wearing 255/40/17 RA1s and didn't get 10 feet before the lip rubbing began in the rear.

What's interesting to me about the data in the table is, there are plenty of "no rubbing" people listing small offsets, wide rims, and even wider tires... yet there are equivalent spec'd cars further down in the red part of the table that do have rubbing.

I always make it a point to put context around the statistics, otherwise they're useless... like I have no rubbing with certain tires, and no rubbing on the freeway with a full tank of gas, but if I'm canyon carving with a full tank and junk in the trunk or people in the rear seat, major rubbing occurs. Most never comment on that and give a thumbs up for a +30 offset 19x9.5 running a 285 tire... in every f'n thread they participate in, and I just post "LOL" cuz I know from experience there's no freakin' way it works... in ALL situations.
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

Good data. I have an 8" rim.....still with maybe 5 mils left.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
    ...give a thumbs up for a +30 offset 19x9.5 running a 285 tire... in every f'n thread they participate in, and I just post "LOL" cuz I know from experience there's no freakin' way it works... in ALL situations.

LOL Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Also, I saw my data on that link; I had forgotten about doing that.
    Last edited by mimalmo; 02-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.

It will fit...........

With a fender pull.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    What are your guys' thoughts on ARC-8 18x9 all the way around? Any projections on how that might clear the fenders? I'm sure rears will be fine (I think I have OZ 18x9 right now back there), but what about the fronts?

It looks like I have 18x8s there.. Will have to start making measurements. Just curious if someone has already been using this exact setup.

Cheers,

-Terry
    I can confirm a 9" ARC-8 will not hit the suspension (no promises). I was running 4 ZHP Rear's on the car so an 18x8.5 ET 51 up front and it fit with no issues. A 9" ET42 ARC-8 will actually give you 3mm more clearance on the inside but it will be 15mm larger on the outer position - not sure if that would rub the fender.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
    I can confirm a 9" ARC-8 will not hit the suspension (no promises). I was running 4 ZHP Rear's on the car so an 18x8.5 ET 51 up front and it fit with no issues. A 9" ET42 ARC-8 will actually give you 3mm more clearance on the inside but it will be 15mm larger on the outer position - not sure if that would rub the fender.
    Confirm but with no promises...lol. What does that mean? It may fit on a stock suspension....but lowered and it will rub...

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Without having to do fender mods, 18x8.5 ET35 with something like an Apex ARC8, Kosei K1, Enkei RPF1.

If you are willing to do some fender work, you could probably do a 18x9.5 ET35.

I've seen sedan owners go wider than that in the rear but not in the front.
    I was running 19x9.5 square et31 on my sedan with no fender pull and no rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    What are your guys' thoughts on ARC-8 18x9 all the way around? Any projections on how that might clear the fenders? I'm sure rears will be fine (I think I have OZ 18x9 right now back there), but what about the fronts?

It looks like I have 18x8s there.. Will have to start making measurements. Just curious if someone has already been using this exact setup.

Cheers,

-Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Confirm but with no promises...lol. What does that mean? It may fit on a stock suspension....but lowered and it will rub...
    Again, you guys are overthinking this stuff. There is way more room in those wheel wells than you are giving credit for...Put down the charts and the books and start looking at real world applications. It can be done, it won't rub, you won't have to rape sheet metal to do it.

You are just assuming I haven't tried it in the real world.

Real world application. No books and charts here.
    I did 9.5" ET45 rears with 255/30/19 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx and needed a mild fender roll due to rubbing. A few months later, I tried adding a 10mm spacer and didn't even make it out of the garage due to the massive rubbing.

Im not calling you a liar...

I just doubt that there this that much difference between your chassis and my chassis.

Maybe you were running to spec tire sizes...who knows, I was running a drift spec stretch at 235/35/19 and I had zero rubbing on 19x9.5 et31 square set up and a 3 inch drop. I had a normal fender roll and thats it. Anybody who knows Shane at EuroAutoSpot, knows that he refuses to do pulling and ridiculous fender work.

Sorry about pic quality....

Gheybe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pswirley View Post
    Im not calling you a liar...

I just doubt that there this that much difference between your chassis and my chassis.

Maybe you were running to spec tire sizes...who knows, I was running a drift spec stretch at 235/35/19 and I had zero rubbing on 19x9.5 et31 square set up and a 3 inch drop. I had a normal fender roll and thats it. Anybody who knows Shane at EuroAutoSpot, knows that he refuses to do pulling and ridiculous fender work.

Sorry about pic quality....

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast