Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Question about my BMW 330 cic ZHP vert...

I am curious if anyone has compared the performance of the convertible to the coupe or sedan? My vert is one of the best handling cars I has ever driven (even with the snow tires installed), I love it. I wonder if the performance hit I take for having the 'unlimited headroom' option would be noticeable by the seat of my pants.

Postitpad,
    Have both a coupe and a vert, nothing noticeable "seat of the pants". If you really push it hard in some twisties, the coupe will be stronger than the vert but its rare that you can push it that hard on the street. At the track you'd probably notice some slight time differences but they could be negligible due to driver differences.
    Bruce

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    Postitpad,
    Have both a coupe and a vert, nothing noticeable "seat of the pants". If you really push it hard in some twisties, the coupe will be stronger than the vert but its rare that you can push it that hard on the street. At the track you'd probably notice some slight time differences but they could be negligible due to driver differences.
    Bruce
    Good post!

I will also add that BMW engineers their chassis extremely well, especially the E46. It would be very difficult for them to produce a car that would show signs of weakness compared to the like coupe or sedan

The vert technically is heavier so it's minutely slower, but you'll never notice it if you use the butt-dyno.
    On the 0-60 timed run, however, it's a little bit more patient to reach that speed. No biggie.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

And a front strut brace may help you feel better about the twisties. Gotta figure a vert would benefit from that more than a sedan or coupe. John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    And a front strut brace may help you feel better about the twisties. Gotta figure a vert would benefit from that more than a sedan or coupe. John
    I did notice immediately that my vert felt stiffer with a front strut brace. I was surprised that it was that noticeable. I also noticed less body noise of things moving around.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Thanks guys, I have been thinking about getting a strut brace, now I definitely will!

Quote Originally Posted by postitpad View Post
    Thanks guys, I have been thinking about getting a strut brace, now I definitely will!
    Be advised that it is mainly for aesthetic purposes, and to prevent strut tower mushrooming. You may notice a slight change during aggressive driving/track events.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Be advised that it is mainly for aesthetic purposes, and to prevent strut tower mushrooming. You may notice a slight change during aggressive driving/track events.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    +1, like mine, but haven't really exercised it yet, but still glad it's there.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I added the M3 brace to my coupe quite some time ago. I noticed immediately that turn-in was greatly improved, even on mountain twisties around where I live. I had to adjust my known line so I wasn't early to the apexes. I was pretty surprised at the difference it made in how my car handles.

I purchased mine used for what I'd still call a premium price. Why that OE brace is so costly I really don't know. Perhaps the mounting points are billet aluminum, they are very light. Or maybe it was the ///M center caps I had to leave off because of my adjustable struts.
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin