Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steering Wheel question

Hey folks,

I am thinking of a leather steering wheel. Will a M3 wheel fit in ZHP?

What is the difference between the two? On Tischer BMW site, the ZHP wheel is $400 more.

Thanks in advance.

Yes they are interchangeable. My perforated leather ZHP steering wheel started to show signs of wear so I bought a new e46 //M perforated leather Motorsport stitching steering wheel. I ordered it from Germany, I'll have it any day now. The swap is a direct fit so the install should be fairly easy. Can't wait to install my new steering wheel. I'll post pics once it's installed.

Both the ZHP and M3 wheel are smooth leather on the top / bottom and perforated leather on the sides. The difference is the seam where the two meet. On the M3 wheel the seam is perpendicular to the wheel where as on the ZHP wheel the seem is angled almost parallel to the dash line.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Good to know, the seller told me that it's an m3 steering wheel so I'm interested to see the difference in person once I receive the wheel. Can't wait lol

Quote Originally Posted by 330blast View Post
    Hey folks,

I am thinking of a leather steering wheel. Will a M3 wheel fit in ZHP?
    They are one in the same for fitment.

What is the difference between the two? On Tischer BMW site, the ZHP wheel is $400 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Both the ZHP and M3 wheel are smooth leather on the top / bottom and perforated leather on the sides. The difference is the seam where the two meet. On the M3 wheel the seam is perpendicular to the wheel where as on the ZHP wheel the seem is angled almost parallel to the dash line.
    Not entirely.

ZHP sedans all came with alcantara wheels standard. A lot of them got replaced under warranty, some with alcantara and some with leather. The leather wheels supplied under warranty were pretty much whatever was in stock at the time. Mine received an M3 leather wheel with tri-stitch, but it is Montana (grained) leather, not the smooth leather (I think it's Nappa) you mentioned. The vast majority of the regular M3's received this type of wheel, not the smooth/perforated combo.

The perforated/smooth wheel was supplied on 05/06 coupes/convertibles as standard, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about M3's having received this as standard.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I REALLY REALLY like the perforated leather zhp wheel over the M3 wheel. But I had to get an M3 wheel for mine for the paddle shifts, thus Charlie has my perforated zhp wheel. Hopefully you'll get a chance to check them both out for yourself. Of course, Alcantara would be completely different.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Go for it. Post pics when completed.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I REALLY REALLY like the perforated leather zhp wheel over the M3 wheel. But I had to get an M3 wheel for mine for the paddle shifts, thus Charlie has my perforated zhp wheel. Hopefully you'll get a chance to check them both out for yourself. Of course, Alcantara would be completely different.
    John, I want you to know just how much I love having your leather/preforated ZHP wheel on my car It will be mounted on the ///M before the next reunion meet

I really like the perforated leather, too. Thinking of this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-E39-...c81c00&vxp=mtr

Anyone has experience with this seller?

Quote Originally Posted by 330blast View Post
    I really like the perforated leather, too. Thinking of this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-E39-...c81c00&vxp=mtr

Anyone has experience with this seller?
    I have heard good things about this seller over at M3 Forum. Almost went that route until I decided to go with Rando's wheel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast