Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So as we all figured, the FCABs are completely shot so I'll have the shop replace those with z4 units. Also figured it was time for some 100k mile stuff: trans fluid, and diff fluid service. Also had the VCG done as well. My mechanic says the cooling components are in good shape so I'll hold off on that for a bit. So that's about $800+ worth of maintenance... Yikes...time to get back into DIY lol

Everything you mention can be done at home if you have the time. When my bushings were going out i started to feel a vibration at around 80mph, then they went to hell quick.Maybe three 3 weeks later i couldn't drive pass 70mph without vibration. I replaced them in Meyle HD and haven't needed to do them since.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    Everything you mention can be done at home if you have the time. When my bushings were going out i started to feel a vibration at around 80mph, then they went to hell quick.Maybe three 3 weeks later i couldn't drive pass 70mph without vibration. I replaced them in Meyle HD and haven't needed to do them since.
    Yep, I figured that. Unfortunately DIY was not an option at this time since I'm in the middle of moving from MD to NC and don't have a garage. To add to that, I've just returned from a 1 week vacay so unfortunately, I'm short on time as well. Once I get settled into my new home, I'll have a garage again and access to my tools. For now, I'll have to take the sting of indy shop prices. What I'm not sure about is the selection of FCABs. I really wanted to go with powerflex polys but everyone seemed to be high on the Z4 or Meyle HD's. I went w/ the Z4's thinking it would be a slight performance improvement over the Meyle HDs.

glad you got it sorted.

enjoy the new garage, get it organized and then use it for that cooling system stuff.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Got the car back, brake shudder is completely gone. It still doesn't ride perfectly smooth so tire balance and alignment is going to happen in the near future. I have a bad feeling that I have a bent rim or two though. For those of you that have replaced 135's, did you go with oem or reps?

Usually go with aftermarket wheels like apex, vmr and other brands.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Gotcha. Thanks for the input. Some csl reps might look nice. I also like the bbs lm look... But I'm on an "Alzor" budget lol. Wonder if those are decent?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12