Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Such a pity.

Standing by for these guys to contact me, asking me to remove this thread....lol.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Such a pity.

Standing by for these guys to contact me, asking me to remove this thread....lol.
    Even if they did, I don't think that will happen. Covering up bad customer service is not our style, right boss?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Such a pity.

Please post up your respectful, yet stiff and undermining response.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Please post up your respectful, yet stiff and undermining response.
    If they contact me, you'll know.

No flame suit required!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Man this sucks. I was going to go this route for an LSD since they are great units on other cars.

Keep us updated on the resolution.

OS Giken Limited Slip Differential Failure - Why you shouldn't do business wi...

Kpro has an OS Giken in her 135..
    I will say that it's been there for a year and a half with no issues. Over 400 HP at the rear wheels and 16 runs at the drag strip last fall....
    VAC Motorsport installed it. I think we'll give them a call and see what they say.

Yea Charlie yours is a 3 clutch M3 style from TMS/ Diffs online
    Last edited by Sockethead; 10-09-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Effen iPhone spell check
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Normally with VAC Motorsport, they give you a cam (or sell you two), not the other way around!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Kpro has an OS Giken in her 135..
    VAC Motorsport installed it. I think we'll give them a cam and see what they say.

Note to original OP, you mentioned the diff has less than 1k miles but not time frame. If it was a recent purchase and you used a credit card call the cc company immediately. Given the information you have shared you have a chance to simply dispute the charge. The timeframe is about 45 days. Much simpler than small claims court.

Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
    Note to original OP, you mentioned the diff has less than 1k miles but not time frame. If it was a recent purchase and you used a credit card call the cc company immediately. Given the information you have shared you have a chance to simply dispute the charge. The timeframe is about 45 days. Much simpler than small claims court.
    I purchased the unit in cash from Minnoe07 on e46fanatics(great guy). The unit I purchased from him was a brand new warranty replacement that OSG sent him after his original unit exploded. OSG claimed that the unit they sent him was a revised unit. Here is a link to the original thread that Minnoe07 posted on E46f after the first LSD exploded:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1016393

Photos from Minnoe07's thread:

So, that is out of question. In fact, had I not learned about the engineering defect, I would never have contacted OSG to honor any such Warranty. However; this is clearly an engineering deficiency that OSG is well aware of. Apparently OSG has seen this thread (received an email) and they aren't very happy. They've retracted their 30% discount offer and mentioned my burnout video.

They also mentioned that the intended use of their Superlock LSD is for race application only and is not a warrantied item. They claim the only reason the unit was replaced the first time was "out of good faith".

I've spoken to an attorney, and though I didn't purchase the unit new; I am able to pursue OSG under California Law. Whether I will pursue them is still up for grabs. I just moved across the country and started a new job and have a lot going on in my life. The purpose of this thread is to warn others of the defective unit and unethical business practices by OSG.
    Last edited by wertyu78; 10-10-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast