Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So this happened last night

I just washed my car and I came out from the gas station. I was on the right lane that was exit right only. So I merged into the middle lane. My car was at an angle and it was a red light. I was stationed in front a freight truck for a minute more or less. When it turned green, we both accelerated and he hit me.

This was the aftermath.

I am really hoping its not my fault.

Your thoughts on this?
    Thanks.

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Ouch. Hard for me to tell from that. One one hand, you were at an angle, were you still completely in your lane? On the other hand, if you were there that long, he clearly could have seen/avoided you. But, if you weren't in your lane, that could be an issue. Sometimes these things are "no-fault". I don't know if trucking companies tend to just settle these things and get them over with or if they fight. Just some things to consider. Sorry not to be much help. Whatever happens, hope it works out for you.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I believe if you were hit from behind, you are not at fault. Plain and simple.

bummer. like john asked, were you totally in your lane? (the middle lane)

it's hard to tell. however, john is right about trucking companies settling - if they get into accidents and those accidents are reported, their insurance goes up BIGTIME (here in canada at least). if the police are involved, then you are at their mercy as to how the rule it. are the police involved yet?

peter

EDIT - looked at the pics again, looks like the impact was mostly from behind, right on the corner, and the rear quarter panel buckled. if that is the case then it is likely his fault. are the police involved yet?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Ouch. Hard for me to tell from that. One one hand, you were at an angle, were you still completely in your lane? On the other hand, if you were there that long, he clearly could have seen/avoided you. But, if you weren't in your lane, that could be an issue. Sometimes these things are "no-fault". I don't know if trucking companies tend to just settle these things and get them over with or if they fight. Just some things to consider. Sorry not to be much help. Whatever happens, hope it works out for you.
    Its tricky, I have been getting mixed answers. The majority of my car was already parked in the lane that I was merged onto. He clearly didn't see me because his truck was so damn tall.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I believe if you were hit from behind, you are not at fault. Plain and simple.
    I believe that too but this is leaning towards the left rear side.

-Daniel
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about this and hope it all goes your way!

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    bummer. like john asked, were you totally in your lane? (the middle lane)

it's hard to tell. however, john is right about trucking companies settling - if they get into accidents and those accidents are reported, their insurance goes up BIGTIME (here in canada at least). if the police are involved, then you are at their mercy as to how the rule it. are the police involved yet?

peter

EDIT - looked at the pics again, looks like the impact was mostly from behind, right on the corner, and the rear quarter panel buckled. if that is the case then it is likely his fault. are the police involved yet?
    It has been reported to the collusion centre already and I am in Canada. I am hoping that I am not at fault.

Basically, my car was in the lane and I was just trying to straighten it out when it was green and I got hit. The adjuster is in the process of contacting the other party's insurance to get there story.

-Daniel
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Do you want me to move this to members only or "off topic" chat, as this thread is public?

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Do you want me to move this to members only or "off topic" chat, as this thread is public?
    I don't have a preference. I just need the family's opinion on this matter. =)

-Daniel
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

OK, I'll just leave it here for now then.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast