Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spare wheel jack and lug wrench

Hi,

I bought a ZHP recently and the spare wheel jack it came with is covered with rust and also it does not have a lug wrench tool... Needless to say I need to get them both ASAP... So should I just buy the OEM tools or are there any better/cheaper options?

Thanks!

BavAuto sells them, as do other suppliers. The rust can't be cleaned and then the jack painted?

That jack isn't worth it; trust me. I had to use it once and the car shifted on me while it was in the air; luckily it didn't come crashing down, but I got it done ASAP and lowered it as quickly as I could...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That jack isn't worth it; trust me. I had to use it once and the car shifted on me while it was in the air; luckily it didn't come crashing down, but I got it done ASAP and lowered it as quickly as I could...
    Should have a new one to make the car complete though.

No flame suit required!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Same here and it no longer works. Any recommendations on a non oem jack to travel with?

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Check eBay, just completed my tool kit for what I considered to be a reasonable price. I would imagine you can find jacks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Should have a new one to make the car complete though.

No flame suit required!
    I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    Same here and it no longer works. Any recommendations on a non oem jack to travel with?
    It's kind of a crapshoot. The only jack worth having is a traditional style jack, preferably a lightweight aluminum one, but those are still pretty heavy compared to the factory jack, take up lots of space, and have no way to officially mount them, so that's totally a personal preference thing.

Personally, I never need one while I'm out and about, so I just risk it and stick with the factory jack, for lack of a better alternative.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'll just buy a used replacement and only use it for emergencies. I have a garage floor jack I use for regular maintenance.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

I thought of cleaning and painting but I think its too late for that... Also I dont want to risk the jack failing cause the rust might have weakened the structure...

Ya I was thinking on the same lines... But new one costs close to $80 and I dont think i want to pay so much especially when I can a descent Hyd jack for the same price... But I dont think its practical to carry a Hyd jack in my boot all the time... So im confused...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast