Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardtop

Hardtop

I've been looking to purchase a hardtop since I picked up my car in July. I gave up trying to find one in the right color, and focused on something at least geographically convenient. This one popped up on ebay last month, and although it was in Maryland, I was scheduled to attend a conference in DC this past weekend. The seller was a great guy, and agreed to a delayed pickup in the event I won the auction. So for $880 I got the top, along with the OEM trolley, cover, and roof racks. I showed up yesterday morning on my way home, installed the top, and drove off. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but the difference in interior noise is significant. I'm taking it to the body shop today to be sprayed, at a cost of $450.

As an aside, I was the victim of an attempted scam trying to buy a different top. Someone responded to my WTB, we communicated by email, and he sent some pictures of the top. He offered to ship, and claimed he was going to do that by Greyhound. That should have tipped me off, as I now realize Greyhound wouldn't have shipped something that large. Anyway, I paid by by Paypal using my Amex as the funding source. The seller even engaged in some post sale communication regarding shipping details, then went dark. I filed a Paypal dispute, and waited patiently for the seller's response time to run. When he failed to answer, Paypal reversed the transaction. I've been dealing with private online sellers for years, buying and selling watches mostly (including a number of high end pieces), and never encountered a problem. I guess I just got lazy, and failed to take some basic steps to protect myself. Lesson learned!
    04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Gotta love PayPal (and credit card) buyer protection.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Nice job picking that up JW.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Main reason i use paypal. Protected by Paypal, and Credit Card.

Can't wait to see finish product :D

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    Main reason i use paypal. Protected by Paypal, and Credit Card.

Can't wait to see finish product :D
    +1
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Good news, and glad this one worked out. Amazing there are people like that out there. What's the point of trying to scam someone wen it can easily be reversed on paypal?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If the guy is successful one out of ten times.....he's winning. Just don't be the one guy who doesn't pursue payment cancellation after the scam.

Nice pickup Jeff. Where are you going to have it painted?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Done (Oli-Bluegrass Auto Body next to Motorsports)! The paint matches pretty well, so I'm pleased with that.

Query what to do with the trim?

Option 1: Leave it as is.
    Option 2: Replace/mask chrome top trim with black.
    Option 3: Replace A pillar black trim with chrome.

What do you think?

04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast