Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    One of our local guys drove me to some meetings in an E9x BMW 320i and he was commenting that car engines are bigger in the US. When he goes to the US and rents a Toyota, he said it's much more powerful than the same Toyota model here, like it will be a 2.0L engine in Japan but a 2.5 or 2.8L engine in the US with a 3.0/3.2L V6 option.

Then yesterday I got to ride the semi-local bullet train (which doesn't go as fast as the long-distance express bullet trains) and it went really, really fast, something like 180 or 200 km/h. The rails are super smooth so you see the speed but don't feel it except when you're in a station and see an express train go by without stopping.

Driving around I saw one guy driving with an old Aston Martin, but almost everything else on the street is Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, with a bunch of trucks and buses and a sprinkling of BMWs and VWs. Haven't seen any muscle cars. Haven't done any driving myself in Asia--last time I drove in a foreign country was many years ago in Germany (or a few years ago in British Columbia, Canada, which doesn't feel very foreign at all).

Taipei had armies and armies of scooters; Tokyo has more bicycle riders than scooters.

If I remember correctly the cars over there are taxed by Liter. The difference in the tax rates between a 2.0 liter engine and a 3.0 liter for the same car can be scary. Which is why many of the sports cars that come from Japan are extremely efficient when it comes to HP per liter. Ford used to shove a 4.0 liter v6 in the mustangs that made a huge whopping...210 hp -_-.... Meanwhile you could pick up an S2000 that makes 240+ hp from a lil N/A 2.0 liter 4 cyl..

Is it bad I'd give my left arm for a Suzuki Cappuccino?

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Is it bad I'd give my left arm for a Suzuki Cappuccino?
    Seriously??

I wouldn't be able to fit my foot into one of those...

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Seriously??

I wouldn't be able to fit my foot into one of those...

I'm 5ft 7in so it'd be perfect for me lol.

Sent from a blue police box

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to write this excellent review! From it I've learned that I do not like the sound of the Helical LSD...I think I would prefer the standard clutch pack setup. I like the static lock and the price comparison is definitely a kicker.
    Looks like times have changed...

after reading Ben's review again, along with other insight, a Helical LSD seems to be the best fit for a primarily street driven car. Looking forward to making my own review with Ben's as a model!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Looks like times have changed...

after reading Ben's review again, along with other insight, a Helical LSD seems to be the best fit for a primarily street driven car. Looking forward to making my own review with Ben's as a model!
    agreed, daniel... the helical seems to be the perfect fit for my needs/wants as well. i think part of it was the fact that it does not restrict the car from turning like some clutch-based setups do.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Glad it could help guys . I've actually been meaning to redo this as a video review eventually with a lot more information on the helical setup vs other diffs and some tail out antics perhaps .

-Ben

Glad it could help guys . I've actually been meaning to redo this as a video review eventually with a lot more information on the helical setup vs other diffs and some tail out antics perhaps .
    Yes!!

Looking forward to it Ben!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:

Given that this seems to be the "summer of love and LSD" Ben, any chance you have some free time to bump your Quaife Helical LSD Review with some of the above?

In my review of the MFactory Helical LSD I'll definitely be linking to yours of the Quaife as it is one of the main competitors.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    Sold:

Given that this seems to be the "summer of love and LSD" Ben, any chance you have some free time to bump your Quaife Helical LSD Review with some of the above?

In my review of the MFactory Helical LSD I'll definitely be linking to yours of the Quaife as it is one of the main competitors.
    Work has kept me insanely busy lately. However the plan is still in action to make an update to the review.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

-Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast