Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by krishnacmadireddy View Post
    I found this really beautiful car

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4672816184.html

the only issue is that the MPG and the speedometer aren't working.
    can you people comment on the car?

thanks
    Hmm. The car does look like it's in great shape, but that price doesn't reflect the work needed to diagnose and repair the issue with the cluster. It could be as simple as a cluster or it could be a whole diagnostic process to find an issue with wiring or any other number of issues.

My friend has an E36 M3 that has a cluster that doesn't work properly most of the time. It's definitely not a cluster as the cluster in there is a replacement that was put in with hopes of the issue getting resolved. In a case like this, it could be wiring, it could be grounds, it could be... who knows. I'd hate for you to have to deal with a situation like that.

If I was to buy this car, I'd offer him less than that, probably more like 10-10,500 TOPS, because of the unknown diagnostic costs associated with that cluster. Also, for all we know, that cluster could be a "replacement" as well, and maybe the mileage isn't actually correct. It would have been nice to see a direct shot of the odometer to see if there is a tamper dot next to the odometer, which would indicate a true issue with the cluster or potential mileage fraud.

There are too many question marks with regards to the cluster functions not working. It also depends on what cluster functions aren't working. Is the odometer working? It would be helpful to hook up a computer running PA Soft to see what the mileage on the LCM is in comparison to the cluster.

There is no doubt that if this car didn't have the cluster issue, this would be a nice pickup at this price.

EDIT: It looks like there is no tamper dot. Still, the diagnostics portion of my post still applies.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

i plan to go and check the car next week and see if i can ask the mechanic to plug in the PC and run a diagnostics and check the mileage.

But the car looks in great shape apart from that issue.

how much would the car cost be if it didn't have that issue?
    so that i can start a bargain. thanks

i plan to go and check the car next week and see if i can ask the mechanic to plug in the PC and run a diagnostics and check the mileage.

But the car looks in great shape apart from that issue.

how much would the car cost be if it didn't have that issue?
    so that i can start a bargain. thanks
    I'd say it'd priced pretty fairly IF it didn't have an issue with the cluster...
    Just note that Kelly Blue Book lists that particular car as having a value of $9,902 if it was perfect with zero defects. The car has some very minor exterior blemishes and of course the cluster issue, but KBB values don't necessarily translate into real world values for ZHPs. There are still quite a lot of ZHPs with more miles that also aren't perfect selling for more than what KBB lists.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

ok, i will keep that in mind. thanks

DrewZ
    --------------'00 323iA----------------------------ex '03 ZHP--------------------

Need a blue BMW 330i ZHP manual

I was going to say it might be a long wait, but looks as though there are some candidates available now! Is the OKC car Mystic or Orient?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Looks like Mystic to me. It always makes me wonder when they don't show a good pic of the drivers seat bolster. Nice looking car though!

Barry

I found this really beautiful car

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4672816184.html

the only issue is that the MPG and the speedometer aren't working.
    can you people comment on the car?

thanks
    I see a bunch of things "off" with this car upon first inspection. Namely... Price is the red flag with clear carfax so that immediately got me paranoid. Check for maintenance records! I'll list my observations below:

Please refer to the photobucket pics to confirm my findings:

1) First off. All 4 tires are different on the wheels. There's Nero, Bridgestone, Conti, and some other. On a rear quarter shot, you can see that the threads are different from the rear and front wheels confirming that indeed different tires were set up on the car at some time. Check this when you inspect.

2) The passenger right door trim looks faded compared to the rest. Something you might look into (paint thickness tool to check?).

3) Right fog light cover is missing (minor)

4) Tow hook cover isn't painted (minor)

5) Fog light lens do not match or left one is fogged/ cracked (minor)

6) Front end looks aftermarket, the clear front turn signals do not have the black surround which would bother me (but up to taste), headlights might be aftermarket but I would look to confirm that they are indeed OEM AL's or ZKW's. The rear still has ambers so I would look for front end damage (considering the front looks aftermarket, missing covers, cracked fog, etc... but nothing definitive).

7) Interior shows heated seats but the car doesn't have the cold weather package. I would check to see if the heated seats function. I believe the heated seats were a stand alone option but I'm not sure. Otherwise it is a relative easy mod to do (if parts could be obtained)

8) There's a sizable ding in the left rear quarter panel the owner graciously took pics of.

9) Interior is awesome looking!

10) No engine bay shot but check fluids and the rest.

Good luck with the check up!
    Fuelly

Yeah. Def stay away from that one.

No flame suit required!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

What kind of blue is that? Looks lighter than mystic, I have never seen a ZHP with such a color.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast