Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My service records do not indicate that it has been.

I had a DISA valve o ring that wouldn't throw a code very often but was clearly leaking. It caused idle to bounce around just like yours. Once it warmed up it was fine.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

stephen, would that cause a no start?

I found some cool info on the fuel pump for me.
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...Cspan%20class=

You can rent or buy a fuel presure gauge at autozone. You can check it at the fuel rail.

Probably the fuel pump. Mine went out at about 110,000 if I remember correctly, that is the range... 100-145

Quote Originally Posted by flavo View Post
    stephen, would that cause a no start?
    Probably not. I never had starting issues.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Maybe sticky idle control valve. I know it affects cold idle more than anything else. Would be worth taking it out and cleaning it with carb cleaner to rule it out.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Maybe sticky idle control valve. I know it affects cold idle more than anything else. Would be worth taking it out and cleaning it with carb cleaner to rule it out.
    Good idea. Mine was stuck in place. Also do throttle body (and DISA ) while you are there.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

I ordered the fuel pump, relay and filter this morning. I confirmed that the pump was the original and the filter probably will be too. I cleaned the ICV when I got home and the car is back together now so I won't be tackling the other 2 unfortunately. The DISA I sprayed with some brake cleaner and moved things around before reinstalling but I have no idea if that is what you are referring to. I will do some research on that in a while. I did nothing with the throttle body other then look at and push on the flap/butterfly to see what it felt like.
    The fuse for the pump was burnt out and I replaced it but it made no difference. Does it make sense that the fuse would have blown when the pump went out?

Thanks for all the help folks :-)

The fuel pump is super easy, literally pull the bottom of the back up, unscrew 3 Phillips screws, pump is now exposed, remove fuel lines, use a hammer and a flathead screwdriver to twist the pump out, pull out carefully and install in reverse order. You will be amazed how easy and quick it is (45 minutes to an hour most).

I actually pulled the pump out today too just to look at it. It was super easy. I just watched a couple DIY's on the disa and TB. My DISA is fine but I would like to do the upgrade at some point. I really wish I had purchased a lower intake boot though. Mine was fine I think but was showing signs of age for sure. I think I will get one soon and clean my TB at the same time for good measure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast