Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CA black legacy plate

Are any of my fellow west coasters ordering the black CA legacy plate? It got enough applications in a few months ago and I believe production has already started. I'm really leaning towards ordering a set for my car. Do you guys think it would look good on graphite or would it look cheesy? I think it would look pretty sexy. They are also relatively cheap compared to other CA vanity plates.

More info:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/det...cyplates/index

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Zuy1QaxH8

(if anyone's handy with photoshop 100 internets to you lol..I would ditch the chrome cover too of course)
    '06 330Ci 6MT Fully Loaded / Sparkling Graphite / ZHP
    Performance: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust / Dinan Front Strut Brace / Dinan High Flow Intake / Dinan Stage 2 / UUC EVO3 + DSSR Short shifter / UUC Pulleys / CDV Delete
    Exterior: Painted Sidemarkers / Shadowline Kidney Grills
    Interior: BMW Performance Aluminum Pedals / M3 Dead Pedal / Clutch Stop / Dinan Mats / OEM Aux / OEM Homelink

I personally prefer the black plates remain original so that black plate club remains exclusive lol

Reminds me of retro shoes..

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I personally prefer the black plates remain original so that black plate club remains exclusive lol

This, But I still might grab a black plate LOL. Looks bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    This, But I still might grab a black plate LOL. Looks bad ass
    I ain't going to lie, I have retro shoes. They just don't have the sentimental value as the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post

These reissues will become exclusive again after Dec 31 2014 :D

I think I'm going to get a sequential plate. I was thinking a custom plate along the lines of "ZHP ###" but I think a sequential plate would keep the sleeper look.

I'm afraid I will regret not ordering one once the program ends. If it doesn't look right, I can always convert back to my old plate and use the black ones for something else
    Performance: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust / Dinan Front Strut Brace / Dinan High Flow Intake / Dinan Stage 2 / UUC EVO3 + DSSR Short shifter / UUC Pulleys / CDV Delete
    Interior: BMW Performance Aluminum Pedals / M3 Dead Pedal / Clutch Stop / Dinan Mats / OEM Aux / OEM Homelink

CA black legacy plate

They're not gonna be the same, they are reflectorized and use the letter size from the late 70s-present 7 digit plates. I still plan on finding a real YOM black plate for my 02 since it's a '69 (IIRC, XAA 000 -> ZZZ 999)

If I was to buy one of these reissue plates I would've rather had the 50s yellow background plate, but that one didn't have enough prepayments

Here is a breakdown of some of the crap us old car owners have to deal with:
    http://www.ebay.com/gds/DMV-Clear-Ca...0961771/g.html

Unfortunately my plates were discarded by the idiot PO, but I do know what the number was:

That's what I like about the reissue - the use of the current plate font which gives it a more modern look

I definitely ordered the new black when this was first announced, but I'd rather have the old. I did find a full set at a swap meet once (front and back), and they guy was selling them for $100. I didn't want to pay that, but given the rarity, I probably should have. I was wondering if they would get enough to produce, glad it's going forward.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have 1989 plates on both my cars - Arizona has succumbed to the "flat plate" horror, and while I like the current design a LOT, they look like ass when flat. The '89 plates are badass. Unlike California, here you can register any old plate that's clear with DMV. I found 3 sequential plates in new condition on Ebay for cheap, 2 of which were registerable. I just had to pay the extra $25 and order vanity plates with the same lettering.. then mount these instead. Have to do that trick because you can only put older plates on a car otherwise if they're yours or a direct family member.

The YOM thing in Ca is cool. I like the old black plates, but doubt I'd put them on a newer car, since that's not natural there - the plates don't stay with the owner so you'd never normally have a black plate on a newer car. Here in AZ plates stay with the owner, as such it's not unusual to have an old plate on a newer car.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Just to put it out there... if anybody finds a matching set of real California black plates let me know as I legitimately need a set. I'll pay up to $200 depending on how close to my real numbers they are

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast