Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Light Out on Dash :(

So, I was driving and this came on:

I got out of the car and, tested all lights, high, HID, signal, sides etc and they all seem to be working.

Que is the light on?

H

Any after market bulbs up there?

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Make sure you test all lights (including signals) in the following modes
    Daytime running mode (DRL's on if you have them)
    Night running mode (headlights on)
    Night hi-beams mode (high beams on)
    Fog lights

If everything is working good in all those modes, you likely have a bad connection or a loose bulb.

EDIT: just noticed you have xenons so high and low beam function is identical - either it works or it doesn't.

1. Go to front roght corner.
    2. Unscrew and remove.
    3. Remove bulb.
    4. Have beer.
    5. Bend up lil clip (connection point in socket) a bit to ensure good contact.
    6. Place a lil dab o di-electric grease on tip of bulb contact point.
    7. insert bulb.
    8. Re-install corner.
    9. Have another beer.
    10. Test.
    11. Send Dane a check for $65.00 (Half an hour at dealer cost)
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah, everything seems to be working fine. The PO put on some of the ballasts with electrical tape : and, it has popped up once before and went away for months. Maybe some water got in there and isnt making it too happy. Ill check everything I guess once the weather dries up.

Good to hear Halo.......
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

take out the led in the dash? Don't worry - it'll sounds like a better option once you drink all of dane's beers.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    take out the led in the dash? Don't worry - it'll sounds like a better option once you drink all of dane's beers.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    LOL. I have some single-malt for that.

good call. (I'm currently picturing myself trying to unsolder an LED while drinking. Which is hilarious, if you understand that I can't do it sober.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast