Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Good to hear. The parts I listed are all cheaper than an engine replacement.

Though it would have been fun to see you swap in the engine from that crashed ZHP or an M3.
    Hehe. I already swapped in a used engine. I wanted to do a 330 swap, but my mechanic was hesitant as there were a number of parts that needed to be upgraded to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    Good luck Bill, car problems are the worst. I had our Audi die in Tahoe this weekend during a crazy storm. I hope it works out ok for you!!
    Thanks JJ - Sorry to hear about your Audi.

The verdict is in - the front differential is locked up. I have located a used one - it should be to the shop by Thursday.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Good news. Love the tourings, my buddy has one with about the same miles as yours too.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Yup....so he is positive tranny and rear diff did not sustain damage?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Glad it's working out for you, Bill.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    The verdict is in - the front differential is locked up. I have located a used one - it should be to the shop by Thursday.
    That's the tough thing with the AWD system; it's more complicated and thus has more things to wrong.

Hope you don't end up spending a fortune...

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

This thread saddens me....

Its good that its getting a speedy repair. Was it leaking or anything because this seems rare.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Yup....so he is positive tranny and rear diff did not sustain damage?
    That was my first thought too. He checked the driveshaft, other axles, transfer case, and rear differential. All seemed to spin/move freely by hand. The front diff didn't move by hand - took leverage and some oomph to move. Also, the fluid was full inside the front diff.

I guess we can't really be positive there isn't collateral damage, but there seem to be good signs pointing to everything else being okay. I also didn't try "driving" more than the 5 yards to the side of the road. I feel it could've been worse if I would've limped the half block to the gas station.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Thanks for the positive thoughts guys!

That's the tough thing with the AWD system; it's more complicated and thus has more things to wrong.

Hope you don't end up spending a fortune...

Sent from my DROIDX
    The used front diff will run me $450 delivered. So I won't be set back too much.

Hopefully there aren't too many challenges removing the front subframe to get to the diff.

This thread saddens me....

Its good that its getting a speedy repair. Was it leaking or anything because this seems rare.
    I was thinking of you when I wrote this - hoping you didn't have anything similar happen.

No visible leaks from diff, and levels were still good. Differentials were just changed with Mobile 1 about 8k ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Good to hear. The parts I listed are all cheaper than an engine replacement.

Though it would have been fun to see you swap in the engine from that crashed ZHP or an M3.
    My Touring is going to be getting a M54B30 with a 6-speed from a 03 on 330xi.

Bill, My Touring has 170K as well. The problem I have with the drivetrain is the universal joints make noise. I just hope I do not have a diff issue.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast