Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
    Yeah: I have no idea how to do any of that.

I’m a pretty simple guy when it comes to working on cars: oil changes and checking fluids haha.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

well, I got the car cleaned up for the first time in 6-7 months prior to taking off on our trip. It's the first time I've had any car ceramic coated and while its not the heavy duty stuff that lasts 4-5-6 years, it is very impressive. I have to use a ceramic spray for "maintenance" on it after washing it and it was great for cleaning the car during the trip.

We drove down to Helen, GA for Alpine Volksfair (VW/Audi/Porsche) show Wednesday thru Sunday renting a cabin out. I would say roughly 45-55 BMWs showed up, mostly F and G body cars. Due to being "outcasts", there was an unofficial BMW meet about 35 minutes outside of town in the mountains that was a great time. All in all, the ZHP did REALLY well (same as last year), averaging 30mpg for the entire trip carrying luggage, a full size 18x8F OE front spare, and two humans.

Made the trek down with my cousin who drives a Bramble Red (OE color name from VW, even though its a great shade of purple) 1995 VW Corrado VR6 RHD he imported and a mutual friend who drove his freshly repainted Audi S6 wagon that he manual swapped. This picture was at one of the many mountainous state parks/tourist spots. My car did not enjoy the VERY steep and aggressive 1500ft+ inclined drive to get to the top so that's why the hood is popped to let her cool down a little.

I also discovered that a rattle I have been having for 3-4 years (or more) that I THOUGHT was a blown bavsound speaker was in fact two broken door panel clips. The parts didn't come in before the trip but I just replaced them and the rattle is gone.

Untitled by Jacob G., on Flickr
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

^ That sounds like a GREAT trip. Thank you for sharing!
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    ^ That sounds like a GREAT trip. Thank you for sharing!
    +1! Sounds like an amazing drive. I am close to those roads and shoud check them out at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    +1! Sounds like an amazing drive. I am close to those roads and shoud check them out at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It was enjoyable once I could offload the weight. When it’s just me and my wife in the car the rear doesn’t rub nearly as much. And dips or acceleration in the twisties/dips/turns/etc. resulted in heavy rubbing.

It’s gorgeous up there though. One of the few reasons we go back every year now

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    It was enjoyable once I could offload the weight. When it’s just me and my wife in the car the rear doesn’t rub nearly as much. And dips or acceleration in the twisties/dips/turns/etc. resulted in heavy rubbing.
    Jacob, have you rolled your rear fenders? If not doing so so should reduce the rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Jacob, have you rolled your rear fenders? If not doing so so should reduce the rubbing.
    I’ve never personally rolled fenders on prior vehicles. Mine are not done currently, I’d love to get them done whenever the time (and money) comes along to have my custom set of BBS RS2s built.

Without weight in the car, it doesn’t rub hardly ever so it’s never been a concern. My MAIN concern has always been damaging the fenders during a roll. I’m not knowledgable nor mechanically inclined enough to trust myself to ever do it. Would rather pay someone to have them done correctly without having to worry.

Great trip! Rolling can be a DIY as you know, but cheap to pay an experienced person and not have to sweat it.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364