Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Great news. Love that pic so it will be interesting to see it with your zhp. As for brakes, you thinking the BBK kit that ECS sells (or I think there is one with StopTec IIRC) or something else?
    Personally for the price they're selling at, I wouldn't waste my time with the BMW BBK. I've had way more issues than I care to admit, but I track my car. Regardless, there are other kits for a somewhat similar price that don't have the problems the BMW kit has. It was a deal when they first had the fire sale on them, but at the price they're at now, it's not worth it IMO.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Congrats on the ZHP and welcome back.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    even though the brakes were just done, i saw someones build thread on here last week (can't remember which one) where they did upgraded M performance calipers/rotors on their car. upgrading the braking system doesn't seem like a terrible idea. ill have to dig through the build threads and try to find that again. id like to pick that person's brain on their setup
    BP, Charlie and I have done the upgrade for the 135i brakes. BP and I track the cars and we both agree they were never intended to be for the track. BP had issues and ultimately had to pay extra to cure a design heat retention problem.

I myself ditched it and went to Stoptechs 332mm BBK which fits over 17s (with spacers of course).

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    BP, Charlie and I have done the upgrade for the 135i brakes. BP and I track the cars and we both agree they were never intended to be for the track. BP had issues and ultimately had to pay extra to cure a design heat retention problem.

I myself ditched it and went to Stoptechs 332mm BBK which fits over 17s (with spacers of course).

Since I got brought into this discussion I will post my thoughts on the Performance BBK... I want to point out that the Performance BBKs weren't set up for dedicated track use. Botond ran into issues as I'm sure Derek also had issues when using these while on the track. I have never tracked my car and as a result, haven't had any issues using my Performance BBKs. What Botond mentioned regarding current pricing I would have to fully agree. When he and I purchased our Performance BBKs they were running just around $1k so it was a good choice at that time to have a true BBK so to speak. Currently the Performance BBKs are going for $1,699.95.

Here's the link: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/Braking/Performance/ES2215444/

There is a fix to the Performance BBKs by replacing the pistons but that would cost more and you end up rebuilding your calipers in the process....defeats the purpose of buying this BBK kit. I feel if you plan to track your ZHP then looking at other options such as Stoptech (what Derek has on his ZHP) would be a much better choice.

This is the pic of my Performance BBKs installed...

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    you mean under 17's.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    you mean under 17's.

peter
    You mean "in" 17's.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    you mean under 17's.

peter
    :faceplate My bad. Maybe it's Inside? hahah GRAMMAR POLICE

pictures uploaded in OP.

cakM3: yours is the vehicle/thread i was referring to, thanks to whomever posted that up. i knew it was an OE BBK but couldn't remember where/whos car. i won't be tracking this car but having some extra bite would be nice. how does it compare to the OE ZHP setup?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Your ZHP looks VERY sharp. Congrats again.

pictures uploaded in OP.

cakM3: yours is the vehicle/thread i was referring to, thanks to whomever posted that up. i knew it was an OE BBK but couldn't remember where/whos car. i won't be tracking this car but having some extra bite would be nice.
    I was the one who posted the pics of my ZHP with Performance BBKs on it You're welcome. For strictly street use I can say that the Performance BBKs have been awesome and I'm happy BP talked me into getting these before I sourced my Performance carbon fiber strut brace. These will be perfectly fine for street use or highway cruising

how does it compare to the OE ZHP setup?
    Honestly, it's been awhile since I have compared my BBKs to my OE setup but I will say I love these compared to my OE ZHP calipers. Anyone can chime in here but I would say that the OE ZHP calipers are the same as any 330 caliper. They are good but if you're looking for something extra with that authentic BBK look and you're not going to take your car on the track then these Performance BBKs are perfectly fine. I love the look and so do others here who occasionally drive by and then slow down just to take another look at my BBKs...

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast