Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    is there a rotor size that upgrades with the caliper size as well or strictly a caliper upgrade?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    is there a rotor size that upgrades with the caliper size as well or strictly a caliper upgrade?

The BBKs come with BMW Performance front rotors which are (325x25). They are the same size as the OE 330 rotors.

guess ill have to look into the BMW BBK a bit more and do some readin'
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

If looks are not a big deal, then the 2 piece BMW performance rotors, good pads and lines is a great upgrade over stock. Still uses the factory 1 piston sliding caliper.

The rotor size is not changed. The "kit" that ECS put together is a custom bracket to mount the BMW Performance Calipers (135i Calipers in Phoenix Yellow Paint) to a BMW performance semi-floating Rotor.

The factory 330i performance setup is wonderful. With a set of track-orientated brake pads and fluid, it can go very advanced without much fuss.

The ECS BBK comes with our factory sized rotors as Charlie mentioned. No increase in rotor size means no real increase in thermal efficiency. It also comes with a fixed brembo caliper with 6 pistons from the 135i. The combined piston surface area is slightly larger that of the 330i caliper and alters the F/R brake bias to move towards the rear a little bit more. With the slightly stronger brake torque, the brakes feel stronger but the pedal is still very similar feel. It can get a little squirrelly during heavy track use without the right set of pads to shift the bias back to the front. There is a heat retention design flaw that also leaves us track guys hating the piston setup.

For a car that isn't for track use, its a fairly simple setup to get the look of a BBK without the replacement parts of a BBK. Your brake pads are OE 135i fitment, and your rotors are OE E46 330i. Can't get any easier for factory replacement parts than that. Like Charlie and BP mentioned, it was around $1195 when it first came out in 2011. The price has jumped significantly now and at $1695, I personally would want to spend a little more and find the Stoptech BBK for a much better setup that isn't as mix+match OE parts.

But if you want to hash out any conversation about anything, feel free to PM me or whatever. I'm always up for talking parts

Pedal feel is just a touch better than the factory setup. It bites sooner, but not necessarily harder. From a performance standpoint you don't get much. From a looks perspective, however, it's worth it in spades, and would look really sharp on your black ZHP.

20140825-010 by botond.pal, on Flickr
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I have this kit but have yet to install it as my current pads are relatively new still. Definitely better brake blind over 330 brakes. Great feedback and detail Derek, BP Charlie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Well: idk if it was the cold weather blast that we got or a batch of bad gas since the winter mixes are being implemented now but i developed a CEL 2 days ago for bank 1/bank 2 lean (o2 sensors which i figured since everything else was operating accordingly). taking the car in the morning after shift tonight to my buddy who does most of my work and look things over. its either:

A. bad gas that triggered it
    B. tears in the intake boot
    C. i lucked out and both o2s shit themselves at the same time

i also received my package from bimmian today so the matte kidneys and LED license plate kit can go in tomorrow as well while I'm there. will give us a chance to check out the underside of the car as well and see how things are.

Well: idk if it was the cold weather blast that we got or a batch of bad gas since the winter mixes are being implemented now but i developed a CEL 2 days ago for bank 1/bank 2 lean (o2 sensors which i figured since everything else was operating accordingly). taking the car in the morning after shift tonight to my buddy who does most of my work and look things over. its either:

A. bad gas that triggered it
    B. tears in the intake boot
    C. i lucked out and both o2s shit themselves at the same time

i also received my package from bimmian today so the matte kidneys and LED license plate kit can go in tomorrow as well while I'm there. will give us a chance to check out the underside of the car as well and see how things are.
    First off, nice find, and I'd check the lower intake boot first. Mine had the exact same issue, and the lower intake boot was torn. After I changed it out, been issue free (knock on wood)

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast