Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Driving home from viewing the fight in Lexington KY last night I found out my passenger front door is making the dreaded crunching noise when putting the window down. Sounds terrible as always, guess it's time for a regulator.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yes they are plug and play but you still have to pull all the doors apart to put them n as well as the speakers in the back deck
    A bit of a PITA. And some light modifications/glue required to make the kit fit. Agree with Charlie, the juice is worth the squeeze.

So: I always wash my car when it’s cold (hasn’t been driven) and I’ve noticed ever since installing the EBC reds/BMWP rotors and calipers that the soap and water leaves a residue on the rotors that I have to “bust off” by driving it after up and down the driveway and applying brake. Last Saturday I took the car to C&C one last time locally and as I pulled it out of the garage I got a loud brake “pop” from the front right. From that point on it felt like I had an unbalanced wheel on the front right. I noticed some etching/black marks in the shape of a pad on that rotor. Took it to my Indy one last time today and essentially the ceramic EBC pad was rusting to the rotors after washing. He suggested driving it enough Post wash to put some heat into everything and evaporate it all. This problem is something totally new to me and had no idea. He took a whiz wheel and lightly dusted the rotors on the front and back all the way around and it’s substantially better. He suggested to use the brakes and it will eventually get the rest gone. Also had a new OE window reg put in the passenger front as I started getting the crunchies 2 weeks ago.

Have you guys ever heard of that brake issu before? Think it’s strange but at the same time I understand it given the compounds of both rotor and pad.

Leaving for the move to DC Friday morning this week at 3am so I’m glad it wasn’t a major expensive fix, $200 parts and labor fixed her up today. Really gonna miss my Indy, he’s such a good dude. Hopefully I can find a guy or shop out in DC that’s as nice.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Have you guys ever heard of that brake issu before? Think it’s strange but at the same time I understand it given the compounds of both rotor and pad.
    Sounds like normal behavior to me... but I drive my car super often so it's very rare I have that problem. It has happened before though, where I didn't drive it immediately after. He gave you solid advice - go for a drive after the wash, enough to heat up the brakes and get rid of what may have formed.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I didn't drive my car for two months this sping and it sat outside the whole time. The rotors were rusty as hell but I didn't have a problem when I started driving again. I have Hawk pads... Not sure exactly which ones...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I’ve put around 2,500-2,800 Miles or so on my car since the major spring install of all the parts (brakes included)

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Sounds like normal behavior to me... but I drive my car super often so it's very rare I have that problem. It has happened before though, where I didn't drive it immediately after. He gave you solid advice - go for a drive after the wash, enough to heat up the brakes and get rid of what may have formed.
    My BMWP rotors do this as well. I just pull my rotors before I wash.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I’ve put around 2,500-2,800 Miles or so on my car since the major spring install of all the parts (brakes included)
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    My BMWP rotors do this as well. I just pull my rotors before I wash.

Sent from my S8+
    That sure is a lot of effort for just a wash!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That sure is a lot of effort for just a wash!
    You know...... OCD

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

i hope thats the max amount of sarcasm attached with that comment Dane haha. you cray cray!

i figure the 8.5-9 hour drive friday will get it mostly squared away, i can barely feel it now. learned something new about these brakes at least.

Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast