Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Well, good and bad news to report........mostly bad haha.

CEL was showing bank 1 and bank 2 lean. Turns out that the "octopus" as it has come to be known is leaking. ever so slight oil burning smoke coming up from the motor when you take the engine cover off. So, friday morning I'm taking it back to my buddy to have the following done:

- the octopus and all related plumbing
    - vanos line
    - 2 intake boots
    - oil column seal

the OTHER slightly bad news is that one of the rear tires has a very small nail in it that isn't pluggable. barely leaking air at this point. at a crossroads here: idk if i should just buy one tire or a whole new set. the reason I'm contemplating new set is because the front tires have some slight inner wear due to a bad alignment from PO. the two options are buy a whole new set or just buy one tire and ride on the current tires until spring or so........who knows.

other than that, the underside of the car looks great, everything is clean/in order, nothing needs replacing and is 100% otherwise.

got the bimmian LED license plate lights in, kind of a pain in the ass to install as the connections didn't line up well with the OE equipment, took about 10-15 minutes to get it all working properly but now are working for the time being. also threw on the bimmian matte kidneys, looks SOOOOOO much better than the OE chrome surround ones.

OP will continually be updated with maintenance and modification fixes/upgrades as well.
    Last edited by BADCLOWN; 11-18-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

yes, located under the intake manifold. I've always heard it referred to as the octopus...........parts weren't too bad in cost, should be 5 hours of labor or so. won't be driving her much the next few days until the maintenance is performed on friday.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Cold weather version or just regular?

Oil column seal meaning the dipstick tube o-ring?

regular OE equipment, and yes the dipstick o-ring

The Clown is Back: Progress thread

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    yes, located under the intake manifold. I've always heard it referred to as the octopus...........parts weren't too bad in cost, should be 5 hours of labor or so. won't be driving her much the next few days until the maintenance is performed on friday.
    Never heard that. Makes sense I guess.

Why not Cold weather CCV? Not sure where you live.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Well done!!! :clap:
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post

Why not Cold weather CCV? Not sure where you live.

about 5 miles south of cincinnati. we NORMALLY don't get temperatures in the 10deg or lower range..........i never had an issue with my 04 ZHP in the 3 years i owned it. i guess its just a fluke thing that happened.

got the car back today, my buddy said the valve was basically shot/froze open. the plumbing didn't look too hot either so it was good to get that whole thing knocked out and finished. next thing to address is tires and then hopefully i can start buying some fun things for it.

Nice progress. I'm still drooling at your e30...

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast