Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Alrighty:

So, forum member C00KIE M0NSTER approached me months ago about needing a car to model an E46 steering wheel for his new carbon fiber business. To my surprise, he is based out of Cincinnati. I happily obliged as the style of his product was something I had interest in for the last year or so. He came over and test fit a wheel on my car, and while it wasn't 100% my taste (nearly all of the wheel was carbon fiber), the fit and finish seemed to be excellent. We talked for a period of time and I settled for finding a suitable wheel core ($135 shipped) and had it drop shipped to his home.

As of the past few weeks, the project has been completed and the tentative plan is for him to come over and install the wheel tomorrow morning. He's going to be taking a few pictures and video of the operation of it all for his business, I will try to post some install photos and video of it working but this is what the end result was after our conversations regarding the spec that I wanted:

Untitled by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr
    by Jacob G., on Flickr

- ZHP steering wheel core
    - OBD monitoring/shift light meter integrated
    - tri-color stitching
    - carbon fiber center trim
    - updated M logo emblem on trim
    - thicker padding from 3-9 o'clock to help keep the wheel looking more round with the thickness of the new steering wheel unit

(Bottom two "pictures" are actually videos if you click them, it should open a new window to the video)

I didn't go with CF on the circumference of the wheel because I enjoy the feel of the alcantara, plus there isn't any CF on the interior..........yet. To me, the full carbon look stood out too much. I'll write up a full review of the steering wheel after I get my hands on it and let you know what my final thoughts are on the finish/operation of the wheel itself. That being said, I'm eager to see if I'll be satisfied with the end result, the pictures look amazing.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Shift light integration on the e46....dude is gonna make some serious dollars on this one....

That steering wheel looks fantastic! Definitely will be getting one of those. Once I finally find a ZHP....lol.

Where did you get your CF cabin filter cover from?

Quote Originally Posted by ApexHitter View Post
    That steering wheel looks fantastic! Definitely will be getting one of those. Once I finally find a ZHP....lol.

Where did you get your CF cabin filter cover from?

I bought it from a guy in Washington DC when we lived out there for about a year. No idea on the manufacturer
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Nice work

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Well, total failure today. My car decided to be a complete and utter drama queen.

Threw a CEL driving home out of storage (later determined to be P2020 and P1515 code, if anyone knows for sure what these are let me know), car drove perfect and felt great once warmed up. Only causes I can think are condensation in the lines from sitting or old gas. Threw about 8 gallons of 93 in and drove it before returning to storage.

The obd wouldn’t send any signal to the steering wheel. We thought that the sprint booster wired to the pedal would be causing the issue so the pedal was unplugged and the car started. Still wouldn’t send signal to the steering wheel. The port itself has power because autozone was able to read the CEL codes.

No idea what the issue is at this point. The steering wheel works flawlessly when temporarily hooked up to a battery and the obd reader plugged into his alfa. Kinda bummed out at how much the car misbehaved today and his wasted time coming over.

Wow, bummer. No idea, but always start with the battery if old... a 'low' one causes the strangest problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

the battery is actually only maybe 2-2.5 years old. I had to replace the battery while we were in Washington DC/Herndon. While in storage its been on a CTEK charger.

Cars don't like to sit. If you drive it the issues should clear up.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm not concerned with the CELs, I know if they are cleared they more than likely wont come back.

Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast