Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not that I advocate 6000K like it's the end all and be all. But I spent $300 on my Philips Ultinon bulbs because they are tested and have R&D to have accurate color even if I had to replace only one bulb years after. They are of the highest quality that most cheap bulb can't claim for testing. I've heard good things about GE bulbs too. My old Philips 4300K are still running perfectly fine and bright in my dad's 540i. They are nearly 8 years old and holding. His last bulbs lasted 9 years until I changed them to mine. My sister's OEM bulbs in her Audi are 10 years old and starting to need replacing.

Cheaper HID bulbs aren't known to last that long. So cost per ownership is actually less if you spend extra money unless you've found a bulb with that magical lifetime warranty.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Sorry to thread jack here but I have a question. I bought a pair of 8000k ( I know kinda ricey) D2S bulbs from Umnitza about a year ago, and just recently now the driver's side bulb seems to be a slightly different color than the passenger side. It's hard to explain, but the driver's side looks more blue/green and the passenger side is still bluish. Is my driver's side bulb failing? I might need to invest in some Philips D2S bulbs...

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP-FTW View Post
    Sorry to thread jack here but I have a question. I bought a pair of 8000k ( I know kinda ricey) D2S bulbs from Umnitza about a year ago, and just recently now the driver's side bulb seems to be a slightly different color than the passenger side. It's hard to explain, but the driver's side looks more blue/green and the passenger side is still bluish. Is my driver's side bulb failing? I might need to invest in some Philips D2S bulbs...
    Yep. Aftermarket bulbs tend to go haywire after a year. There's that saying: you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Yep. Aftermarket bulbs tend to go haywire after a year. There's that saying: you get what you pay for.
    I think the HID's from JLeviSW have a three year warranty. $45.00 for the pair.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12