Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 156 of 162 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1614
    Checking in and have some updates on the car.

First thing was I went back to a LUK dual mass flywheel and genuine bmw self adjusting clutch. Also removed the Turner Motorsports rear poly shifter bushing. So now all is well and quite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Next up was a cooling system refresh. Last one was roughly 50k ago but did not include a radiator. And the original unit at 188,000 miles developed a leak.

And then it snowballed from there. The while in there concept hit me hard. Full cooling system overhaul including the hard coolant lines and heater hoses, starter, sensors and everything else that can't be replaced with the manifold on the car.

So now I'm waiting on parts and putting it back together.

Happy Sunday

Wow that's a lot!

How do you like a fresh DMF and clutch compared to the SMF? I know the rattle is hell, but people like the feel. I've always wondered how much it was that they liked the feel of a fresh clutch/flywheel over a worn one, not necessarily the SMF.

Also the OE rubber rear shifter bushing compared to the poly? A lot of the guys on m3forum love it, but 1 or 2 actually had the welds break from the extra vibration transmitted.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Wow that's a lot!

How do you like a fresh DMF and clutch compared to the SMF? I know the rattle is hell, but people like the feel. I've always wondered how much it was that they liked the feel of a fresh clutch/flywheel over a worn one, not necessarily the SMF.

Also the OE rubber rear shifter bushing compared to the poly? A lot of the guys on m3forum love it, but 1 or 2 actually had the welds break from the extra vibration transmitted.
    Refined. I hated the rattle and the feel was light to me. Even the wife mentioned several times that something was not right.

As far as the poly rear shifter bushing, there was an improvement in the feel but it made an awful noise when shifting through the gears. Upon removal, there was a fair amount of grease on it but I just could not live with the noises from the SMF and poly.

Live and learn when it comes to this but at what cost if someone is paying a shop parts and labor to this work.

How difficult is it to remove the intake manifold? I’ve removed the intake plumbing including the throttle body while replacing the CCV and replaced the OFHG but haven’t yet dared to remove the entire manifold...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Live and learn when it comes to this but at what cost if someone is paying a shop parts and labor to this work.
    Yeah, the cost to do the job all over again is why I haven't gone back yet. I absolutely hate paying for the same work twice...
    Hate it enough where I'll eventually pony up the cash, but.. ugh.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    How difficult is it to remove the intake manifold? I’ve removed the intake plumbing including the throttle body while replacing the CCV and replaced the OFHG but haven’t yet dared to remove the entire manifold...

Easy, just time consuming. The actual manifold only has 8-10 nuts, but removing everything to get to that point is the hard (relatively) part.

-Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

That is a labor intensive projects! Good luck Vas! I removed intake manifold twice and know how it is, but I never did a clutch.
    I am planning to change shifter on my car and now I know where I can find consultation-

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's a big task, but it'll be well worth the trouble - just the peace of mind is significant.

For the hard pipes that run from the front of the block towards the rear, ensure all of the pipe comes out. Part of the pipe (holding one of the two o-rings) broke and remained in the head when I removed mine.

Looking good, and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post

This was a first time for me. But overall procedure just takes time but not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    That is a labor intensive projects! Good luck Vas! I removed intake manifold twice and know how it is, but I never did a clutch.
    I am planning to change shifter on my car and now I know where I can find consultation-

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Feel free to ask if you have questions. The shifter can be done with the driveshaft in place but easier with it removed. Removing the exhaust is the worst part.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    That's a big task, but it'll be well worth the trouble - just the peace of mind is significant.

For the hard pipes that run from the front of the block towards the rear, ensure all of the pipe comes out. Part of the pipe (holding one of the two o-rings) broke and remained in the head when I removed mine.

Looking good, and keep us posted!
    Both of the pipes broke off in the engine block upon removal. I ended up using a pick set and getting them out.

I'll keep the updates rolling when parts arrive and I start the assembly process.

Page 156 of 162 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast