Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 108 of 162 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1614
    Yup. And don't forget the part where you take out the fuse and hit the start key to drain extra fuel. To me the baffle is "why not do it?" GL.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    The M3 baffle is optional...unless you are tracking the car or taking very hard corners on low fuel, leading to potential fuel starvation. Unless I am mistaken...

Oh and what about the fuel pump relay?
    Correct about the m3 fuel pump bafffle. It is optional but it's also a cheap part.

I did not order the fuel pump relay.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Winning.

For as cheap as the baffle is, throw it in!
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Awesome! Fortunately, replacing the fuel pump is extremely easy and only took me about 45 mins. Then again, one should not need to replace a fuel pump as part of regular PM.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Then again, one should not need to replace a fuel pump as part of regular PM.
    I disagree. A bad fuel pump will leave you stranded like it has done to me at 19x,000 miles and Charlie in his M3 when we went on a long road trip.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I disagree. A bad fuel pump will leave you stranded like it has done to me at 19x,000 miles and Charlie in his M3 when we went on a long road trip.
    I think I worded my statement poorly. I agree that the fuel pump must be replaced on our cars or we risk its failure at an unfortunate time. What I meant to say was something like a fuel pump should last much longer and should not need replacing so soon.

I was trying to imply that BMW should have selected a better supplier for the fuel pump on the E46 or Siemens/VDO should have done a better job designing the fuel pump to extend its longevity.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

I think I worded my statement poorly. I agree that the fuel pump must be replaced on our cars or we risk its failure at an unfortunate time. What I meant to say was something like a fuel pump should last much longer and should not need replacing so soon.

I was trying to imply that BMW should have selected a better supplier for the fuel pump on the E46 or Siemens/VDO should have done a better job designing the fuel pump to extend its longevity.
    Gotcha. That is a true statement - the pump should be a longer wearing item.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the pump's design though. I would bet that premature failures are due to owner neglect. You're not supposed to run a car down to the gas light, or anywhere close to it, on any sort of regular basis. There are lots of people who do that, and little do they know that they are potentially damaging their fuel pumps.

I can only give you two real-life examples, and isn't scientific by any stretch of the imagination, but Charlie and I have both owned our cars since a relatively low mileage and have driven a shit ton of miles, him on his M3 and me in my ZHP. Mine failed at 191,958 miles. I can count on one hand how many times I've driven it below a quarter (indicated) tank, and usually fill up between 1/4 and 1/2 indicated. Even that is lower than I'd like...
    Charlie's pump died well into the 100k's. His M3 has over 150k, and I believe the pump failed past this point. I believe he follows similar fill-up practices. 150k for a pump is totally reasonable.

I'd say anything above 120k is a reasonable number for a fuel pump, depending on the car's usage. Heavy track use will shorten the lifespan, of course, but I got lucky with mine in that is lasted 191k and went bad right before a rest stop on the highway, so I had a safe place to pull over. I had the new pump in the trunk just in case - when I ordered it, I had "that feeling", so ordering prematurely paid off.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Gotcha. That is a true statement - the pump should be a longer wearing item.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the pump's design though. I would bet that premature failures are due to owner neglect. You're not supposed to run a car down to the gas light, or anywhere close to it, on any sort of regular basis. There are lots of people who do that, and little do they know that they are potentially damaging their fuel pumps.
    exactly. the fuel helps cool the pump.

my old 1996 audi S6, which i sold at 326K miles, was still on the original fuel pump.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

A bad fuel pump will leave you stranded on a long road trip.
    This is what I am trying to avoid. Covering my bases before taking the car next week to South Carolina.

I would have probably still put more miles on the original pump if a replacement pump was really expensive. But buying a new pump from fcp euro with lifetime warranty that they offer is cheaper then having the car towed somewhere, diagnostic time, parts and then labor.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Well if you break down in South Carolina, we're in Charleston, we'll come to the recue
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 108 of 162 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast