Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 147 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1614
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Bought some new bmw evo flat wiper blades and finally found a good deal on an E46 M3 Strut bar with all the mounting hardware.
    Evo blades are dope as long as you remembered to remove the plastic bracket on the driver's side wiper arm

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Bought some new bmw evo flat wiper blades and finally found a good deal on an E46 M3 Strut bar with all the mounting hardware.
    Awesome.

The clutch and flywheel project has begun.

Doing it part by part in the evenings and hoping to finish the job on the weekend.

First step was to get the car up high up in the air. New Esco jackstands arrived and they are really great with the flat huge platform.

I was able to remove the exhaust and the driveshaft this evening. Spent a good bit removing the exhaust nuts on the header flange without snapping any studs. Lots of heat and patience and all 4 came out. Yay.

Driveshaft removal was a breeze.

Tomorrow hope to remove the shifter assembly and begin the removal of the trans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Nice work Vas! Keep taking pictures I'm interested to see what this job looks like
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

“All 4 came out clean.”

Whelp, you’re already a hell of a lot better off than I was the first time I dropped the exhaust.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Good luck Vas. That's tough job to do while car is on jack stands.
    Looking to get more updates from you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good luck Vas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

More updates.

This evening I started with the shifter. Removed the knob, disconnected the pin at the bottom of the shifter rod and out came the shifter rod. The shifter seal on top of the trans is leaking so there is a coating of gear oil. New seal will fix that issue.

Then removed the visible bolts that hold the trans to the engine. No issue there. After that removed the trans brace so the transmission could give more room for the top bolts. And then the fun begins.

The top bolts are hard to reach. I ended up removing the nuts that hold the engine mounts to the front subframe and jacking up the front if the engine to pitch the back of the trans downward. That did the trick and all the bolts were removed.

Hard part is over right? Nah. Let's wrestle with removing the trans next.

Wiggle this way, wiggle that way and no movement. Fine pry bar it is. And that separated the trans from the engine. But then it would not want to come out. Came to realize the metal plate was fused together and not letting it come apart. More frustration is setting in so took a step back to analyze the problem.

The metal plate was one issue as well as the dowel pin on the trans to the starter. Once that was resolved by some gentle prying the trans came out.

Inspection time of the clutch and other parts.

Shifter seal leaking
    Clutch material is low and worn
    Flywheel has massive hot spots and excessive play in it.
    Platic pivot pin is worn and the arm has a groove in it.
    Throwout bearing is very dry.

Took some pictures along the way. See below.

Next up is removal of the flywheel and the rear main seal. And clean up.

Enjoy guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nice job, Vas. Sounds like you have been more successful thus far than I was.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 147 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast