Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 148 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1614
    Another update.

Dual mass flywheel removed
    Rear main seal removed and new one installed
    New single mass flywheel and clutch installed
    Rebuilt shifter assembly and replaced shifter seal on the trans.

Original rear main seal was dry.

Ready to get the trans back into the car now.

Pics below. New shiny parts are always nice

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Nice progress!
    Was there any play in the old flywheel like Peter had?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Nice progress!
    Was there any play in the old flywheel like Peter had?
    There sure was. Not to the extent of his but you could tell it was worn. Good riddance to the dual mass.

Also if you buy the rear main seal assembly, it comes with the plastic install tool. Makes it simple to install.

Just in case for anyone in the future needing torque specs

Rear Main Seal
    10 mm bolts - 7 ft-lbs
    13 mm bolts - 16 ft-lbs

Flywheel Bolts: 77ft/lb
    Pressure Plate bolts: 18 ft/lb (8.8); 25 ft/lb (10.9)
    Bell Housing bolts: 16 ft/lb (M8); 32 ft/lb (M10); 53 ft/lb (M12)

It's always impressive to me when you guys do these kind of big jobs yourself. Really cool!

Good luck Vas and thanks for sharing this with us. I'm anxious to hear how the single mass flywheel works out for you.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Ok thanks. I have some heavy vibration and I'm pretty sure it's the flywheel. Your findings reinforce that thought. The torque specs will help too!
    Is the rear main seal & tool OEM ?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    It's always impressive to me when you guys do these kind of big jobs yourself. Really cool!

Good luck Vas and thanks for sharing this with us. I'm anxious to hear how the single mass flywheel works out for you.
    Thanks Rob. With the cost of labor that was quoted, I could not justify paying it.

But I am also anxious to see how the car is with this set-up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Ok thanks. I have some heavy vibration and I'm pretty sure it's the flywheel. Your findings reinforce that thought. The torque specs will help too!
    Is the rear main seal & tool OEM ?
    There was slight vibration upon takeoff with the dual mass.

The rear main seal is BMW Crankshaft Seal Kit - Part Number 11141438274 - You can buy just the seal but the kit comes with the gasket and new bolts.

Ok good info!
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Thanks Rob. With the cost of labor that was quoted, I could not justify paying it.

But I am also anxious to see how the car is with this set-up too.

There was slight vibration upon takeoff with the dual mass.

The rear main seal is BMW Crankshaft Seal Kit - Part Number 11141438274 - You can buy just the seal but the kit comes with the gasket and new bolts.
    What was the quoted price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Almost scary how well this install is going for you after seeing the hell that Spenser went through...knocking on wood...
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    What was the quoted price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You weren't asking me, but my transmission guy said it would be around $900 for him to do the install

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Almost scary how well this install is going for you after seeing the hell that Spenser went through...knocking on wood...
    You weren't asking me, but my transmission guy said it would be around $900 for him to do the install
    $900 is a steal in terms of labor. I like doing things on my own because I know without a doubt in my mind how things were installed, but I'm not as mechanically inclined as Vas is and don't trust myself enough to do something like this.

Jobs like this are way more fun with a group of buddies just shooting the shit and working together. Wish we had maintenance days outside of the Mafia meets.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 148 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast