Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Pokes 04 AW Sedan Progress/Maintenance Thread

I finally decided to start on my progress/maintenance thread since I’ve been putting it off for so long. When I first bought this car, I told myself that I wasn’t going to mod at all for the first year with the exception of a few things. Well, I haven’t even made it to a year with her and she has a few mods on.

As some of you may remember, I originally had an IR ZHP slicktop when I joined but I sold that after owning it for 6 months. I bought it as. The only things I added were the Coby Wheel interior bits and the suede headliner

I purchased my ZHP in Jan 2014 from the second owner down in Miami, FL:
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP
    Alpine White/Black leather
    6-Speed Manual
    89k Miles
    VIN: WBAEV53434KM06980

Options:
    Performance Package (w/ Grey Cubed Trim)
    Leather
    Moonroof
    Xenon Lights

Accessories added:
    OEM Alarm
    OEM Universal Garage Door Opener
    OEM Self Dimming Rear View Mirror with Digital Compass
    OEM Aux Interface
    OEM Manual Rear Window/Door Sun Shades
    OEM Nav Retrofit

39,845- Valve cover gasket
    39,845- lower control arm bushings
    39,845- brake pads
    41,101- Disa actuator flap
    41,101- sunroof frame & sunroof clips
    41,101- alternator drive belt
    41,101- engine drive belts
    41,101- right rear window regulator
    Oil change
    49,881- sunroof headlining frame & clips
    50,326- front left window regulator
    50,326- r/r intake air boot
    50,326- r/r air filter
    50,326- r/r fuel filter
    Oil change
    62,300- Brake repair kit, brake pad wear sensors, brake disc
    63,356- EVAC Recharge & A/C Refrigerant
    Oil change
    77,500- Spark Plugs
    81,000- Oil change
    81,000- Microfiber cabin filter
    Brake fluid
    90,000- oil change
    100k- oil change
    100k- oil filter housing
    100k- oil pan gasket
    105,290- Microfiber cabin filter
    106,314- Stoptech Cross-Drilled rotors
    106,314- Akebono brake pads
    106,316- Z4M FCAB

**Items in red are the maintenance I've done since picking her up**

This is how she sat when I got her:

The very first mod I did was the Umnitza 6500k v2.5 angel eyes:

Next came the yellow fogs and CF splitters from member CTD on e46fanatics

I never realized how dirty the lenses really were until after the fogs and splitters, so new lenses came next!
    Before:

After:

I stopped modding for a little since I started flirting with the idea of getting into another car so she sat like this for a bit

A few weeks go by and I got bored with how she looked so I ordered a sheet of black vinyl for the roof from Don Nguyen on e46f. The same week the vinyl came in, a square set of BBS CK's 18x8.5 et34 popped up on my local craigslist for cheap so I jumped on those. I ended up doing the vinyl myself which was pretty straight forward but a tad harder than I expected.

At this point, I decided that I'll be keeping the car so I started searching some more parts. First up were the coilovers. I went with BC BR's with 8/12kg spring rates after consulting with a few members on here about their set ups and reading many reviews. So far I have no complaints. I did the install myself with the help from a cousin. The fronts are about quater way down, the rears are at max height.

One day after school, I decided to go get my windows tinted since I was tired of the fishbowl look. I went with 30% all around and I have rear sunshades on both rear doors and rear window. I also swapped out the kidneys with the gloss black ones from ECS.

Next to get done were the brakes since the rear rotors were toast so I decided to just replace the fronts as well. I went with the Stoptech Cross-Drilled rotors & akebono pads along with Z4M FCAB's

Current list of mods:
    Exterior:
    Umnitza 6500k Angel eyes
    BBS CK 18x8.5 all around
    Black vinyl roof

Interior:
    BMW Performance shift knob
    BMW Performance shift boot
    Ziza LED lighting
    Coby black/white stitching alcantra shift & ebrake boots

Engine:
    None yet

Suspension:
    BC BR coilovers 8/12kg springs (20damp front, 23 damp rears)
    Z4M FCAB’s

Future plans:
    More maintenance
    Euro clears
    BMW performance pedals
    AA or Bimmerbrake headers
    Grey suede headliner
    Alcantara Coby wheel
    CF CSL trunk
    Maybe a set of LM's or CSL wheels

This is how she currently sits

Awesome.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Love the ambers btw.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Almost looks like 4 front rotors in the above pic.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks guys! My clears are actually supposed to be coming in tomorrow so I'll probably be swapping them as soon as they get here

Car really looks great. Especially like the BBS addition and feel that the contrast works quite well against the AW paint! Curious, did/do you plan to attack the headliner redo yourself, or do you have a shop that did it for you? (Need to do something with my E36 headliner soon which is starting to drop for the second time around...). Anyway, look forward to more progress and updates on your AW beast!

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    Car really looks great. Especially like the BBS addition and feel that the contrast works quite well against the AW paint! Curious, did/do you plan to attack the headliner redo yourself, or do you have a shop that did it for you? (Need to do something with my E36 headliner soon which is starting to drop for the second time around...). Anyway, look forward to more progress and updates on your AW beast!
    Thanks! I originally planned on doing the headliner myself but I haven't had much free time to get something like the headliner done. If I can get a solid weekend in then I'll DIY it, if not, I'll just have a shop do it. I was quoted $375 to do the headliner and all pillars in grey suede vs $100 or less for DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by poke08 View Post
    Thanks! I originally planned on doing the headliner myself but I haven't had much free time to get something like the headliner done. If I can get a solid weekend in then I'll DIY it, if not, I'll just have a shop do it. I was quoted $375 to do the headliner and all pillars in grey suede vs $100 or less for DIY.
    Personally I think it's a PITA and a massive amount of time consumed doing all that yourself. For $375, I'd absolutely have the shop do it. Hell, it costs in that range just to buy new pillars...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast