Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New member living in Seattle area

Hey everyone my names Scott. I build jets for a living and have dreamed of owning a bmw since 1998 at my first car show in LA at the age of 17 and I've sadly never owned one. But I will soon enough. I also only recently found out about zhps from my brother who works at bmw Beverly hills as a tech. And I instantly fell in love. I'm stoked to be here. Thanks for having me.

In addition, I realize this is a ZHP website but I am open to suggestions as to what I should eventually purchase. I've always loved M3's but I don't really want to spend 20grand on a car right now or in the next year or so. Has anyone driven a ZHP and an M3 and compared the 2? Or even compared it to a 135i? Ive only ever test driven an E92 m3 and a few different 135i's, among countless others when I used to repair wheels at a BMW dealership in Irvine CA.

Welcome Good luck finding your BMW

Scott, welcome
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome from a Landing Gear Guy.
    As t your question about ///M cars, no I haven't driven any but, have had my ZHP on several tracks with BMWCCA HPDE and found it to be fully capable. And yes, every driving instructor was surprised and commented in one form or another about how well the car performed on the track.

Always wanted an ///M until I got my ZHP. Haven't looked seriously at one since I got my ZHP eight years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Skotcoop View Post
    I've always loved M3's but I don't really want to spend 20 grand on a car right now or in the next year or so. Has anyone driven a ZHP and an M3 and compared the 2?
    Scott,

First welcome to the "family"

I would recommend getting a ZHP first if you haven't owned a BMW before. Get used to how the car drives (ZHP) and then when you're able - get a very well maintained and cared for ///M. There are a few members here who have had ZHPs and are now driving an E46 ///M so they can tell you from their perspective between the two cars as well.... here's mine:

I think I'm the only one here who happens to have both the ZHP and ///M (I can be wrong though). Maintenance on the ZHP is much easier on the wallet compared to maintenance on the ///M. If you're willing to DIY some of the maintenance then getting either the ZHP or ///M is okay. I said to get the ZHP first because for someone who have never owned a BMW, I think it would be an easier introduction into BMW ownership and maintenance before jumping into the ///M. The ///M will require more attention, and money, than the ZHP does. I started out my BMW ownership experience with a '99 323i for my first BMW before jumping into my ///M.

The ZHP is, in my humble opinion, one of the best daily driving cars I have ever driven. In fact, it is my daily driver today and I tend to drive it pretty much 95% of the time over driving my ///M. I would also add that my ZHP is not what I would call a standard ZHP....I've modded the crap out of it BTW my ZHP has passed my ///M in overall mileage with 165k on the odometer...

The ///M, in my opinion, is all about presence, raw power, and sound. There are a few people here who have seen both of my cars in person (reunion meets). As much fun as the ZHP is to drive, driving the ///M however is a dream in comparison. The outright power and sound is intoxicating! I can say that I appreciate having, and driving, my ///M that much more because I daily drive my ZHP. Not that the ZHP is any lesser regarding the driving experience but the two cars definitely have different personalities. I like to say that my ZHP has a much more "refined" driving experience, whereas my ///M is more a "brute force" driving experience. Both are lot's of fun to own and drive

Welcome Scott! There's been several new 'Seattle' members recently, and I know of another member here who lives in Seattle and it on the hunt for a ZHP. Soon enough we might have enough people to have a Seattle mini-meet

Whatever you buy, good luck in your search, and welcome again.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Nice comparison Charlie. You do it so well.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Welcome, Scott. I had my first BMW when I was 36 y/o. I never had a ZHP, maybe one of these days I will buy an IR sedan. My current daily driver is an e90 330i and it has plenty of power for my needs. GLWS !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast