Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

URGENT - Requesting a pair of headlights (any type) for loan

So tonight the wiring in my headlights has reached the point where I need to take action. I disassembled the driver's side and found that it is completely unserviceable without a complete wiring overhaul. Unfortunately this is my only car and a rental adds up to a lot of money I'm not looking to spend.

Does anyone have a pair of facelift sedan headlights that I can borrow until I can fully rebuild mine? It doesn't matter if they're halogen or Xenon, as long as they are functional. Local would be best to save on shipping costs (willing to drive up to a couple of hours each way from anywhere in CT), but realize shipping will probably have to happen.

I'm probably looking at anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on whether I buy all the right stuff the first time to rebuild both headlights.

Thanks in advance,
    Botond
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So tonight the wiring in my headlights has reached the point where I need to take action. I disassembled the driver's side and found that it is completely unserviceable without a complete wiring overhaul. Unfortunately this is my only car and a rental adds up to a lot of money I'm not looking to spend.

Does anyone have a pair of facelift sedan headlights that I can borrow until I can fully rebuild mine? It doesn't matter if they're halogen or Xenon, as long as they are functional. Local would be best to save on shipping costs (willing to drive up to a couple of hours each way from anywhere in CT), but realize shipping will probably have to happen.

I'm probably looking at anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on whether I buy all the right stuff the first time to rebuild both headlights.

Thanks in advance,
    Botond

I don't know how much it will help, but if you find a cheap set of headlights without lenses, I have facelift lenses I can give you. They are a little pitted but they work fine. Let me know
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

I have some ZWK headlights that have bad housings from an accident and burned bowls and no lenses... so in other words not worth anything. However, all the wiring is still in the housing. Do you want it? I only have the driver's side right now, but as soon as i find a ballast for the passenger side, then you can have it.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I don't know how much it will help, but if you find a cheap set of headlights without lenses, I have facelift lenses I can give you. They are a little pitted but they work fine. Let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    I have some ZWK headlights that have bad housings from an accident and burned bowls and no lenses... so in other words not worth anything. However, all the wiring is still in the housing. Do you want it? I only have the driver's side right now, but as soon as i find a ballast for the passenger side, then you can have it.
    Rob - I can re-use my lenses on whatever headlight I find, so that isn't really an issue. The main concern is a complete functional housing that I can just plug in and use while mine are under the knife.

Oltorf - How damaged are they? Can they be mounted? How badly are they burned, as in, are they still usable at night? I would plan on actually using them. The wiring probably wouldn't do any good since they're just as old and probably flaking as well.

Thanks for the offers guys, I really appreciate it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

If mine was a sedan I’d ship them to you, as my car is in storage till the end of winter. Hopefully someone can help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

BP, i've got a set of ALs, fully PnP.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    BP, i've got a set of ALs, fully PnP.
    Is that PNP for a car that had ZKW's installed previously? My housings are ZKW. I think someone mentioned that they need some kind of bracket for make them fit; is this correct? This would be a perfect solution for the interim!

What would it cost to ship?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Is that PNP for a car that had ZKW's installed previously? My housings are ZKW. I think someone mentioned that they need some kind of bracket for make them fit; is this correct? This would be a perfect solution for the interim!

What would it cost to ship?
    it should be PnP, as i removed them from the Touring and installed my ZKWs from the ZHP. of course, this is AL>ZKW, not the other way around. the bottom of the housing are different.

also, i haven't actually fired them up yet... will do today so i can make sure they still work.

shipping would probably be about $35CAD, that's for 3-4 day service from here, with tracking. i can get an estimate later for you when i can get a box and weight and everything.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    it should be PnP, as i removed them from the Touring and installed my ZKWs from the ZHP. granted, i haven't actually fired them up yet... will do today so i can make sure they work.

shipping would probably be about $35CAD, that's for 3-4 day service from here, with tracking. i can get an estimate later for you when i can get a box and weight and everything.
    That would be perfect - thank you Peter! I may be willing to pay a little more for a faster service if one is offered, depending on how much it is and how much faster. I'm currently paying for a rental car, so the faster shipping might be worth it...
    I'm not confident these will fit properly, though. According to Dane's DIY, it says that modifications have to be made to the ZKW bracket to make the ALs fit a car that had ZKWs. The DIY is here (doesn't help that his thread got Photobucket-raped... "Bucket-raped?"):

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...s-doityourself

I will have to dig up the Photobucket fix when I get home to see the pics and see if the modifications required for my bracket is going to prevent me from installing my headlights later on. If someone can chime in before I get home later today (after 6PM EST) then I would really appreciate it! That would help Peter with planning.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Can Peter send the correct mounting brackets as well? Ones that are meant to be used with the AL headlights so you wont have to modify the ZKW mount brackets?

I would offer you my ZKW units from my red car but they have really bad burnt bowls

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast