Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BMW rookie from Boston

Hi.

I'm Dave. Before I had the beginnings of a BMW problem, I had a serious Jeep problem. But it wasn't a cool Wrangler problem, it was a Grand Cherokee problem; and old ones. The kind that made peoples' faces drop when you explain you're into Jeeps, and then you tell them that you like the old soccer mom ones, not the ones where the tops come off.

Here's various pictures of where I threw away a lot of money over not a lot of time. Jeep people will have an idea of what was done, everyone else will see a whole bunch of letters and numbers.

1998 ZJ, 4.0/42RE/NP231, HP30/8.8 with Detroit and 4.10's, 35" MTR-K's, Warn XD9000i, ARB bumper, etc. Where this problem started:

Where this one wound up:

Then, at the same time, I had this one. 1998 5.9 Limited, SCT tuned, 50mm throttle body, etc.

Then, I bought another one of these, except someone smashed it up. Made some more money to throw away on the green one by parting it out.

Somewhere in there for a couple months, I had this Maxima SE, 5MT. It was rotten. Don't buy cars at night.

Then I had a Cherokee for like 10 months. It was boring and stock.

Then, shockingly, another ZJ. This one was a 1994, with a factory 5 speed. One of the rarest ZJ's ever built at 1 of 400. Had this one for a couple years, and it drove me over the edge to the point where I was forced to get into BMW's. Had 2" lift, 31's, etc by the time I was done.

Then there was this one. Bought it sight unseen on ebay about 14 months ago, just finished parting it out after I unlifted it, and spent a bunch of money and time. Did I mention I happen to be good at wasting money on future scrap metal? This was modified, M1 intake, EQ 2.02 heads, Doug Thorley headers, etc.

And finally, after far too many Grand Cherokees with no soccer practices to attend, I wound up with something decent. 2004 330i ZHP, 6MT, Xenons, HK, Silver trim. Fun times.

So yeah, cars and stuff. I'm on the insty-grams too, @davemakepictar

Very nice, welcome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Great first post…love the self-deprecation!

Nice looking ZHP. I'm assuming you have plans for it given you're modding history?

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Love this first post. Welcome to the bright side!! Is the ZHP getting a lift kit too?
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Love this first post. Welcome to the bright side!! Is the ZHP getting a lift kit too?
    Or lowered?? Welcome!

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Welcome Dave

You will find several members who are in the Boston area That's a fine ZHP you have there!

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Welcome Dave!

And I second this motion...

Lift, mudflaps, rally tires, snorkel, and light bar for the ZHP!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Welcome Dave. And I will add, it's awesome to see another fine imola added to the family

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Welcome. Glad to have another Imola member here on the boards.

Welcome. Great intro. Check my sig - while not the cool older variant, that things got a hemi!
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast