Quote Originally Posted by tkundhi View Post
Book value means nothing when it comes to the ZHPs.
I totally disagree. The ZHP is not a collector's car, nor is it anything special by any means. I find there to be absolutely zero reason why a ZHP with 75k miles (for example) should sell for almost the same price today that I bought my ZHP for over four years ago with the same mileage. I bought mine for $18k at 75k miles, and I wasn't able to find ANY ZHP's anywhere in the country for less than $17k with that kind of mileage at the time. I just paid the extra $1k as a convenience to myself to not have to fly around the country for one.

It is now 4 years later. Time doesn't make cars better, it makes them worse. If it's not a collector's car, why would I pay that for the same car that's older? Book value takes age into account, and whether or not the car is a collector's item. Let's face it; our ZHPs are old.

I have yet to find anyone( KBB, Edmunds, TruCar) actually tracking values for the cars specifically. So book does not reflect the market.
I haven't checked Edmunds or TruCar, but KBB most definitely tracks ZHP values versus the standard 330. I looked up a sample car and it gave a value of approximately 3k over a standard 330. You have to select "Performance Package" as an option.

A well maintained ZHP in excellent condition will bring $15k no problem.
Only if the mileage is lower than average. Nobody's going to pay that for a car with average mileage. Lower than average mileage = small percentage of ZHPs.

So the right combo of seller, car and buyer could definitely bring $16k - $18k.
$18k is the equivalent of the people who pay near $30k for an E46 M3; these aren't typical buyers and cannot be used to estimate what ZHPs in general are worth. There are value ranges, and there are certain values that ZHPs cannot exceed without it being considered overpriced. $18-19k generally is way overpriced for a ZHP unless it has 20,000 miles and is in excellent condition.