Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    15. Highest image quality in the contest IMO...This shot came down to composition, period... You have two cars, one on each outer third of the shot with the middle third of the shot empty..Both cars are positioned with leading lines to the middle third, leading lines draw my eyes to middle the third and then bam, there is nothing there. It makes the shot look empty..Use your lines to compliment the shot.. Filter was used, exposure was perfect, image was sharp, but all 3 judges said the same thing.....What am I supposed to look at?

Composition is everything.

16. A little grainy, but no problems for me with that.. White balance is off creating a blue cast over the whole shot. General rules were followed, but I think your car gets lost in a sea of blue and gray....Work on the composition...Up close shots are nice, but use your creativity to give it to us in a way that is more interesting.

Great job everyone and remember, my opinions are just that....This is merely a way to give some feedback from how I pursue automotive photography...There are those out there who are better than I, if they say something different, I default to them...Keep up the great work and keep practicing, it truly is the only way to get better.
    Last edited by C Withers Media; 03-27-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Casey, thanks for taking care of the members here at ZHPMafia.com. Thanks for taking time away from the other things you're doing to critique here.

Much appreciated.

Thank you very much Casey!
    I was dying to know what I could have improved in the shot, though I put the car like that on purpose. I didn't quite feel the need to have it pointing in the right direction as I was going for the 'badass' look instead of the "driving on the road" look. I'll definitely keep this in mind with any future shots I submit here!

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pswirley View Post
    12. I will say that I am not a total camera snob so I ignored initially the grainy noise in the image quality...Had this shot come down to being a finalist, however, that would have been an issue for me. Depending on the camera you are using there is usually a function that allows you to control the ISO setting. THis ISO is too high, but my guess is that its set to auto and the camera made the compensations. Other than that just a few minor things... Try not to break up curves or lines in your composition, that road has some really nice bends in it and what appears to be a pretty cool backdrop, use them to your advantage by letting lead the viewers eye to the subject in a fluid way.

The subject is in the middle of the shot which inherently pulls my eyes to the middle, my mind says okay ive seen it and its time to move on. The goal is to keep someone on your photo for about 30 seconds...Center composition usually results in people staying focused for about 5-10 seconds and the background just becomes irrelevant.

The reflections are apparent but not totally distracting but keep an eye out for that kind of stuff. The horizon is tilted to the right but the car is facing left. Just some little stuff. Check out "rule of thirds" for a better explanation of what I am talking about with composition.
    Thanks Casey. Just read this for the first time. I took theses from my droid as its my best cam. I probably should have used my sig as my entry. This was the first pics I ever took trying to be artistic. And that was an entrance to a parking lot.

Thank you much for the feedback Casey!

Guys...its all about fun and creating...Your pictures are your creations so just be yourself and keep clicking. Its little things that affect an image and the impact that they have.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112