Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have my suspension in my hands...

I need your advice since I've never taken apart the suspension on my car other than the front LCAB's. Is there anything I will need in addition to the struts and springs when I replace them? Should I get shock mounts or swaybar end links? Are these things that get damaged in taking things apart? Im trying to do this this weekend.

I got H & R race springs and Bilstein sport struts. I didn't feel the need for coilovers and I think for the price I paid I couldn't get better quality for the moneys.

Get new RSM's/FSM's at a minimum. Sway bar end links and tie rods would be cool, if you wanna throw some extra money at it.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I really don't want to throw extra $$ at it but I will do the strut mounts I have 5 cars to keep up with so I try not to replace things that are not 100% necessary.

Yeah....I mean...you could theoretically get by with your old mounts.....but it will suck if you have to re-do suspension to swap out if they go bad. How many miles on the mounts now?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Heres the skinny, lol. I promised my friend Gina that I would do her rear struts on the 92 integra rust bucket. I lover her. It has over 200k on it and I know things will break and need to be cut on and drilled out. I also work til 1500 Saturday. So I hope we get to mine sometime around 1900 Saturday because we need to have a beer and brats. My pump on the lift died last week and I haven't had the time to get it looked at. So we're doing this old school on the shop floor. Gina can babysit

My car Stella, she has 82k on her. The previous owner was old and never really pushed her, so most everything is still in pretty good shape. Im replacing the rears only because they tend to be crappy. My parts store can get Moog fronts expedited at the last minute saturday for sunday afternoon if I need them

I'm going to feel dead come Monday. Wish me luck!

Good luck, kpro.

Let us know how it goes.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Good luck kpro! When you recover, let us know how it went with both the integra and stella.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I hate hate hate my bentley manual more than anyother inanimate object right now. Im half tempted to sell it when I get done lowering my car. It told me to disconnect the rear axles...so I did and it took me hours get those bolts out of each side and crawling out to release the e-brake, rotate, e-brake again. WTF?!?! I didn't need to do that at all to get the rear springs out. The rear is like a 30 minute job to change out the springs and struts....buy I had to take all those bolts on both sides out by hand and totally could have dealt with not doing that, but it said it was necessary, and I don't know these cars that well yet to not trust that damn book. The integra was HELL!!!! 4 seized bolts, a torch, and not enough bolts to fill all the ones we drilled out after snapping the heads off. I think I hate 200k mile, 20 year old rear suspension just as much right now. end rant/

I will get up in the morning and go back to my shop to finish my fronts, and hopefully things will go much easier Good Night Mafia, Kpro out.

Yes....everything you said is true. We are smarter than Bentley in some regards. Sorry Kpro...

With you on the Bentley, Kpro. Sometimes they give you the procedure that gives you the best access to something, not necessarily the easiest way to go about it.

In any event, great job adapting and overcoming.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast