Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    PM me...

for our cars...

1. they look cooler
    2. likely better straight-line stability
    3. see #1

ultimately a square setup makes more sense as you can rotate tires, and the car will rotate better (less understeer). i don't think our cars have enough power to really necessitate a staggered setup, however i have not tracked my car yet.

you're running a square setup on your winter wheels/tires, correct? i am too but i have a 10mm spacer in the rear, which is kinda like having wider rubber in the back, to a point - but the goal was stability in the snow.

peter
    Peter, I have liked the more neutral feeling to the square setup, but you and John are right in the looks department. I miss the "phat" squat to the rear when I glance at her backside...I think I will run staggered with a nicer/non-runflat set of summers and see how she was meant to be before maybe mixing it up farther down the line.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Peter, I have liked the more neutral feeling to the square setup, but you and John are right in the looks department. I miss the "phat" squat to the rear when I glance at her backside...I think I will run staggered with a nicer/non-runflat set of summers and see how she was meant to be before maybe mixing it up farther down the line.
    yeah, non-RF tires will be a major difference all by themselves!!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    yeah, non-RF tires will be a major difference all by themselves!!

peter

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:

Personally, I love the look of staggered fitment. Seeing that wide tire in back and the stance. Yeah...for me it's all about the look. Staggered and low....just love that look

+1. My e90 has staggered setup, OEM wheels style 162. Oh boy ... the looks !

So you cannot put 2 wider rear wheels on the front to make square. You have to give up the wider rears to go square?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    So you cannot put 2 wider rear wheels on the front to make square. You have to give up the wider rears to go square?
    Nope. Most who run a square setup run 4 of the wider rears. The "look" goes away because you run a smaller size tire all around so the squat/phat ass look is no longer as defined. Spacers help but it is not as prominent as having the wheel/tire combo. You can run 4 fronts but it doesn't look as good.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    Sold:

I ran 4 8.5s with 245/35 all around.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Personally, I love the look of staggered fitment. Seeing that wide tire in back and the stance. Yeah...for me it's all about the look. Staggered and low....just love that look

amen to this.

I'm looking for a spare set of staggered 135s now to refinish for spring time, then ill use my current set as winter wheels.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

If anybody has a spare set, I'd like to buy a set of relatively clean 135s.

I've got some VMR knockoff M3 CSL wheels and I'd like to go back to OE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123