Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: coding question

coding question

I've recently joined your ranks and have a couple of questions, well I'm sure that I'll have more but its a short list for now.

1. Is it possible to do the trifecta with PA Soft? I've found where I can do it with the other software but nothing for PA Soft.

2. I thought that I followed the directions for making the temp gauge actually functional, but the hex didnt match what the 0x0F0 for factory said it would be from the post.

3. What is more effective for correcting the exaggeration of speed. Setting the speed variance to 0 or following the post for changing the hex?

1. I don't recall PA Soft showing an option to do triple blink.
    2. Which part didnt match?

Code:
    E46 M3:     03 00 2D C8 00 31 D6
    Non-M:      03 00 23 C8 00 25 CC
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...r-doityourself

3. They both should get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiah119 View Post
    I've recently joined your ranks and have a couple of questions, well I'm sure that I'll have more but its a short list for now.

1. Is it possible to do the trifecta with PA Soft? I've found where I can do it with the other software but nothing for PA Soft.

2. I thought that I followed the directions for making the temp gauge actually functional, but the hex didnt match what the 0x0F0 for factory said it would be from the post.

3. What is more effective for correcting the exaggeration of speed. Setting the speed variance to 0 or following the post for changing the hex?
    1. I think you're talking about tiple blink? PA Soft cannot set that and you need an LCM with 4.0+ software, on a 2005 it's hit or miss.

2. Check out my post here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...851#post351851

3. Not sure. The first step is determining if your speedo is off and high or low. I checked mine and another ZHP with GPS and neither one of ours was off.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Actually believe that he is talking about the trifecta light mod (low beams, high beams, fogs) all running at once. Sorry, no idea on PA Soft setup.

-Brettski

Trifecta needs to be done with ncsexpert. Triple blink also with ncsexpert.

Everything else was already answered. Could've asked that on the fs thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

My fault. I read wrong.

The speed variance I know off if the top of my head from tracking and using Torque. At Highway speeds and up there is a (I don't recall specific numbers) difference between indicated speed, odb speed, and GPS. Odb and GPS are within 1 or 2 of eachother and then indicated is usually another few digits above odb. Update that indicated 67/8 corresponds to 65 on odb.

I'll also assume that the euro hazards is ncs expert as well?
    Last edited by Asiah119; 12-11-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiah119 View Post
    The speed variance I know off if the top of my head from tracking and using Torque. At Highway speeds and up there is a (I don't recall specific numbers) difference between indicated speed, odb speed, and GPS. Odb and GPS are within 1 or 2 of eachother and then indicated is usually another few digits above odb. Update that indicated 67/8 corresponds to 65 on odb.

I'll also assume that the euro hazards is ncs expert as well?
    OBD is the accurate number. GPS isn't 100% accurate; I think most of them are typically accurate to about 50 feet or so. OBD data reads data directly from the wheel speed sensors if I'm not mistaken. This happens before it gets translated to what you see on the cluster. The OBD readout is a shortcut to see it before it gets translated.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.